So I finally swapped out my grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish GM would offer that as well. i took factory grill and had my local body shop paint match the surround and black out the mesh. I am impressed that you swapped the grill out your self with out taking the bumper off. i watched a video online and tried that but couldnt get all of the bottom clips free so ended up taking the entire front bumper off which made it super easy then.
View attachment 365891
That looks awesome!

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say u need some black 22’s now. Complete the look I think
Unlike seemingly everyone else in the world there's just something about black wheels that just doesn't do it for me. Not a big fan of chrome either so these slt wheels being polished aluminum actually suits me just fine. I am getting the chrome trim blacked out (scheduled an appointment today) but I'm not going for a "blackout' per se. Just less flashy chrome.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unlike seemingly everyone else in the world there's just something about black wheels that just doesn't do it for me. Not a big fan of chrome either so these slt wheels being polished aluminum actually suits me just fine. I am getting the chrome trim blacked out (scheduled an appointment today) but I'm not going for a "blackout' per se. Just less flashy chrome.
I’m more of a chrome guy but the black out stuff is growing on me. These rims might suit you...the last Yukon rim style 3DA6B70A-0689-49EE-A6EA-6F928D856CEF.png

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually do like those wheels quite a bit but these are the ones I would buy if changing rims. I almost pulled the trigger on a set of these last december (the OEM ones from gm with year end discount were down to $1650) but bought the grill, lighted emblem, RC level kit and 20" ridge grapplers instead. When it's time for new tires I might get a set of these wheels and have the chrome insert pieces body color matched to my yukon just to do something a little different than everyone else

IMG_4043.PNG

at4kids

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where did you find the grille surround color matched? I can't seem to find it at dealers for midnight blue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn