SLP Resonator Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about just chopping off the res and putting on a 3.5 turn down. I am not a fan of tips anyways unless its a dual set up poking out the back. I also hid my exhaust on my supercharged expedition.

langsbr

Reaction score
I noticed that most of the SUVs have the exhaust pointed out the side, and the SLP retains that. My wife's ESV has the tip out the rear - is that normal? I can only find a few pictures online but never with anything that confirms if they have a stock exhaust. I was thinking perhaps that the truck has an optional performance exhaust from the dealer, but I can't find anything concrete on that either.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most, if not all, GM SUVs have rear exit exhaust. The full-size definitely do. The difference is the 6.2 is straight while the 5.3 has a turn-down.

jfondell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will this part number fit the Denali XL?

SLP Performance Parts 31096

Thanks

JoeK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will fit 07-13 Denali XL but will route the pipe out to the side behind the rear wheel.

JPBurb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay everyone here is a very cheap solution.

Walker part # 41428 it’s a 3” OD 45 degree section smooth bend. $24.99

Cheapo eBay tip 3” inlet big boss 5” outlet $31.99

Muffler Shop fee for me was only $40.00.

Here is the thing it’s simple have old can cut off closest to the can slide over your walker pipe pushed up hitting hangar. Temp install tip tighten loosely so you can slide on and position one one end gets cut that will be the tip side after welding completed. With tip slid on so that it is on the 3” on all of the way into the bend then snug bolt use your finger or thumb as a block and while everything is held in position have muffler shop tack weld. Now move so that can finish welding in place. I made sure my tip was slid as far inward towards bend but making sure it was on true 3” OD not going into start of bend radius. I marked with sharpie took off tip and had shop cut off access Walker pipe. Cleaned up cut and reinstalled tip torqued bolt and done! Kinda gives that larger Diesel tuff look. Cheers now I’ll post some pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo