Slight Overheating at 230 degrees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry to revive an old thread. Trying to figure out why my coolant temps are running high, Justin from blackbear has told me to clean out the radiator fins. edit: is he talking about the grooves on the front of the radiator face, like behind the grille?!
2006 Yukon XL Denali with a 6.0!
The one behind the grill is the ac condensor, the one that is in front of your electric fans is your radiator. Look between the 2, sometimes crap accumulates between there that'll interfere with airflow. Make sure the fins in the radiator are debris free. That's the silver area between the 2 black side tanks of the radiator. How's your coolznt level? Hot and cold. Fans kicking on properly?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one behind the grill is the ac condensor, the one that is in front of your electric fans is your radiator. Look between the 2, sometimes crap accumulates between there that'll interfere with airflow. Make sure the fins in the radiator are debris free. That's the silver area between the 2 black side tanks of the radiator. How's your coolznt level? Hot and cold. Fans kicking on properly?
I had the coolant temp sensor replaced and then I just had the coolant flushed from the radiator and fresh coolant put in. Thinking those might solve the problem. But Justin says Coolant temps are still running high so the fans are always runnig, even when it’s cold outside. Like snowy weather. Which I’m almost positive is why my mileage has dropped so bad. Trying to get this dealt with fast so my truck stops burning through so much fuel, gas is getting ridiculously expensive here in Cali. For no reason.... Pretty fed up with that.....
anyways I thought the radiator was directly behind the grill where my trans cooler is mounted? I thought the trans cooler lines ran up through the radiator?!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had the coolant temp sensor replaced and then I just had the coolant flushed from the radiator and fresh coolant put in. Thinking those might solve the problem. But Justin says Coolant temps are still running high so the fans are always runnig, even when it’s cold outside. Like snowy weather. Which I’m almost positive is why my mileage has dropped so bad. Trying to get this dealt with fast so my truck stops burning through so much fuel, gas is getting ridiculously expensive here in Cali. For no reason.... Pretty fed up with that.....
anyways I thought the radiator was directly behind the grill where my trans cooler is mounted? I thought the trans cooler lines ran up through the radiator?!
That's your ac condensor in the front. Looks exactly like a radiator, but much thinner.20180417_140129.jpg
That's the one you see through your grill.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you take the top cover off, what you see as soon as you pop the hood, you'll see the 2 seperate parts--radiator and condensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts