Slight Overheating at 230 degrees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok I’ll be careful not to hit the fan blades.
You can hit the radiator fins, but just be careful. Keep the pressure washer tip wide. I hope I'm making sense. You want to clean those fins out, that's what could be clogged with dirt, especially if drive alot of dirt/gravel roads.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can hit the radiator fins, but just be careful. Keep the pressure washer tip wide. I hope I'm making sense. You want to clean those fins out, that's what could be clogged with dirt, especially if drive alot of dirt/gravel roads.
Well I live down a short half gravel half dirt road off the main north side highway. Lol. So yeah I drive slowly on dirt roads. Yeah I have wide angle tips for the pressure washer. There was some nasty crap coming out underneath.... I had no idea.
My short dirt road:

image.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well I live down a short half gravel half dirt road off the main north side highway. Lol. So yeah I drive slowly on dirt roads. Yeah I have wide angle tips for the pressure washer. There was some nasty crap coming out underneath.... I had no idea.
Lots of crap. Doing it now?

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah just put everything away. Haven’t driven yet but will shortly to see what happens. Thanks for the tips!
If that does not work, they sell a coil cleaner (at Lowes) that is for ac coils. You spray it on and it bubbles. When it bubbles, it loosens dirt and pushes it out. Once done, rinse with garden hose.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that does not work, they sell a coil cleaner (at Lowes) that is for ac coils. You spray it on and it bubbles. When it bubbles, it loosens dirt and pushes it out. Once done, rinse with garden hose.
Might have to look for that next time I’m off the mountain and have a lowes close by! Thanks for the tip!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The evaporator coil is running through all those fins. They increase the surface area for it to efficiently export heat. If they are dirty, dusty, clogged up, etc, that debris acts as an insulator and inhibits the heat transfer from the cool to the air. Keep em clean , boys. While you're at it, clean them out on the a/c condenser on your house, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan