Shut off and won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingkon

Reaction score
This morning on my way to work I get in it started and drivo normal. I'm on the highway I catch a small bump on an overpass and it turn off while going about 65. I noticed that the fuel gauge is reading way past maximum. I put it in neutral while it's rolling and I try to start it but it only cranks. I was able to pull over into the emergency lane And get it in park. I get the key out put it back in try to start it and it only cranks But won't start. Any ideas? 96 2 door Yukon

OP
OP
kingkon

kingkon

Reaction score
From what I remember, the service engine, check gauges and battery lights were on.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smack the fuel tank with something. deadblow hammer, ice scraper, something that will free up the fuel pump. temporary fix ive had to do.

OP
OP
kingkon

kingkon

Reaction score
I had it towed home, jacked it up to check the fuel pump. I found the 3 wires that go to the pump cut. When I hit the bump the wires must have gotten in the way of something and gotten cut. $50 for the tow, 3 buttconnectors and 2 tie-wraps later it's running!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds suspicious to me also. Have you run over anything recently?

OP
OP
kingkon

kingkon

Reaction score
No and no. They were pinched between two metals. I don't know how it didn't short out and blow the fuse for the pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck