Service Suspension Light???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ten33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 07 LTZ has the Service Suspension Light pop on periodically comes one. It is not every time that I drive it but is becoming more frequent. Any one else have this issue? Worried it will be an expensive fix. Oh yea it has AutoRide and yes I already searched around on this forum without success. Any input would be appreciated. Vehicle has 49K on it.

Mr T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My story. Ours came on (50K miles, 2008 Yukon Denali XL). Dealer replaced both front struts as previous owner wore them out with imbalanced tires. Light went away but then became intermittent. Took it back, dealer scratched their head, replaced right front strut again. No light for 1 day then back on. Finally the "master tech" from the shop got on the job and insisted yet another replacement of the right strut and sensor. They bench tested the one they took off and it was indeed a broken shock (i.e. so a replacement part was faulty). Nice replacement part.

Wife JUST texted me this morning and said the light came on AGAIN. It's going back to the dealer. I'm clueless at this point.

My total out of pocket was the one time fix charge of about $300 for the replacements for both front struts. The dealer knows the issue is GMC and not me, once they've replaced the struts and sensors and kept getting errors.

I think there are some really big engineering issues at play with all this auto ride stuff. Rather discouraging for someone who would love to see America get their act together with build quality. My story will be a "to be continued...." for sure.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine come on, and it was due to a leaking right strut. They replaced the strut, and so far, so good.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr T,

I am very sorry to hear that you have not had a resolution to your problem. Could you please send me your full contact information? I will also need your VIN and your current mileage. I would like to look into this for you.

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

awray

Reaction score
We just had the "service suspension" message on the DIC today. I'm pretty sure its the left front shock. We've had a periodic noise from there that sounds like a ball in a tin can. It comes and goes.

Mr T - where are you? $300 is a great price if that was installed. My local GMC dealer quoted me $950 to replace one shock. They want $460 just for the shock. $150 for the mount and seat and the remainder for labor, etc.

Has anyone replaced the shock themselves? It looks like you need a spring/strut compressor. Any other specialty tools needed?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Oh yeah, we've got 61k on our Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse