Service Stability Track and Traction Control 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miamidolphins561

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any advice one can give on the below issue is greatly appreciated:

About a year ago, my 2008 Tahoe began sending "Stability Track Off, Traction Control Off, Service Stability Track, Service Traction Control". The ABS light and another light pop up on the dash. This was happening off and on for the past 10-12 months.
Now, there are more serious problems. In order to put the transmission into gear (reverse or drive), I have to press the brake as hard as I am able into the floorboard. Then after putting her into gear the stability and traction error comes on immediately.
Today, I was stopped on my way out the driveway because all of my brake lights are out. They flash for a moment wen the brake is tapped, then no longer light up. I ordered a new brake light switch which should solve this problem, but I am lost on the Stability and Traction issue. I have not found one solution yet on the internet.
My previous truck, an 01 Tahoe had ABS electrical issues as well. I paid $900 at the dealership and the problem came back 2 years later. So needless to say, I am jaded on going that route again.

Please send any and all advice, I need to find a solution ASAP. This is beginning to get dangerous on the road! Many Thanks.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harness for the stabilitrac and all the other stuff has a plug right above the frame where the rear shock top bolt is. Check and clean the connection there, it is common to come loose, i had a issue on the drive side where it came loose on a friends tahoe. Check the plug unplug it and check the connections for corrosion. T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019