Service front camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife just called and said she had a message appear that stated service front camera? What does this intel? Does the windshield need cleaning real good or does it need to go to the dealership? 2016 LTZ with 5k miles.

Thanks

Sethro274

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Something is blocking the view of the camera behind the rear view mirror. Cleaning the windshield should solve the issue.

OP
OP
I

itried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks ill try that, lets hope it just bugs or what not.

Broham

Reaction score
My wife just called and said she had a message appear that stated service front camera? What does this intel? Does the windshield need cleaning real good or does it need to go to the dealership? 2016 LTZ with 5k miles.

Thanks

Did a quick google search and came up with this...

"The Service Front Camera message can appear in the driver information center (DIC). When the DIC displays this message, then the front camera is malfunctioning, and the lane departure warning (LDW) and forward collision alert (FCA) systems will be disabled. After the front camera is fixed, the LDW and FCA systems will resume normal operation."

From the 2015 manual

"SERVICE FRONT CAMERA
If this message remains on after continued driving, the vehicle needs service. Do not use the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Forward Collision Alert (FCA) features. Take the vehicle to your dealer"

Hopefully it's as simple as cleaning the windshield, but just be aware that the front sensors probably aren't working. I'd recommend calling the dealership asap and having it checked out.

Robert Frank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Take your vehicle to the dealer. There is an update they install to the computer system. Had mine done last week.

OP
OP
I

itried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After turning vehicle off it hasn't come back on since. i'll just watch it. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fagnerbnm

Latest posts