Service Air Ride. Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i've been hearing about it for the years i've owned my yukon and it finally happened to me. The dreaded service air ride. The compressor no longer comes on so i'm assuming that i developed a leak and burned up the compressor. So i have a few questions that i couldn't find searching.

1. What will i hurt if i just keep driving it? I honestly can't tell a bit of difference in the ride since it went out but i don't want to hurt anything else if i am. I can tell that the rear actually went down some and i like it more than it was before anyway.
2. Where are the best places to get these parts? Is it worth it to try to find used parts?
3. If i decide to just get rid of it does anyone have a list of everything i'll need to do?

Thanks for the help as always.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No

Arnotts

No

I say fix it. If you go to sell the truck later and you have monkeyd with it is bad for resale.

Yes:p

Last edited:
OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnotts the Australian biscuit and salted snack food company?

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phew, I was about to put biscuits in place of the air bags. Glad you responded so quickly.

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is perfect thanks man. I'm leaning towards keeping it for sure. The only thing i hate to lose is the little bit of ass end lowering that this broken suspension has given me. What would happen if i shaved a hair off of the rod that clicks on the compressor so it sits like it does now?

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Wow that isn't nearly as expensive as i thought it would be. I was ready for $3k

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty certain that you can do that. I will let someone else chime in that knows for certain.. .....

I know Tony NorcallSs does that all the tine after lowering.

The only reason I posted is because no one else did........ I did not want you to be a sad Panda.

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty certain that you can do that. I will let someone else chime in that knows for certain.. .....

I know Tony NorcallSs does that all the tine after lowering.

The only reason I posted is because no one else did........ I did not want you to be a sad Panda.

You're such a pal. I'm no longer :alone:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts