Selling The Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
It’s probably just because I has spent over 30 years driving chevy pickup’s before stepping into the 1999. I expected it to be better in every respect.

Creature comforts have come a long way and they certainly have made them safer, but of all the lame ways to save a buck, to lighten the frame. That is in the same category as loosing the wing vents to save weight.

Most people probably will never notice the extra bounce and that’s good I guess. I still have a 1 ton chev for hauling large items, so I don’t need a pickup anymore.

I wonder what the government ownership will do to quality.

As for the Govt. ownership, that my friend is a good question that I am curious about too!!! Well see what happens! Hopefully Boeing and Airbus arent cutting costs(!) because if they are we will be seeing alot of Boeing planes falling from the sky!!!! As you can see, because of all the new materials and engineering, Boeing still hasnt released the 787 for mainstream flight, they are still testing it. The new A380 on the other hand is already flying as you may know. I still dont like the french ******* products! I rather fly a Lockheed, Boeing or any American made plane anyday!

misspooh

Reaction score
how much does your truck blue book for? my only input is that everytime i think of selling my truck, i ask myself if i could handle seeing the new owner driving by in it.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
After a long day of pondering, I mean really going through everything. I decided that what I was thinking of was rediculous. I can't believe myself. I feel like I've cheated on my truck.
When I think back 2 years ago, I wanted this truck, infact I wanted it so bad I Needed this truck. I rolled the windows down on I75 and cranked up the music, I came through my neighborhood and threw some mud in the church parking lot. This is my truck, and I still feel the same way, I can't let it go... Maybe in a year or two I'll buy another truck for another project, but I'll be keeping the hoe as well. It has a place in my heart.

In my decision to keep the hoe I did a small mod today, I'll post some pics tomorrow. Will someone donate me some cash so I can get to work on lifting it ha!

Last edited:

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought my 99 denali for 4000$ cash i know its not mint it needed some things but it only had 86k on it also. id say you can squeeze out 8k depending how many miles are on the new motor and body

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it starts. I went through the same thing you just did for years with my truck haha. Finally after owning it for 6 years I sold it last month.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna just hold onto it, in a couple years I'll buy it a friend (Stepside Chevy 1500 Standard cab) They'll look good together ha. I went on alittle safari today, and mounted alil somethin somethin on the safari rack finally.

35bxwlx.jpg

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
You would be best to keep it. First off you will never get 10k for a hoe thats not lifted. Second you probaly wont get 8k to be honest. New motor is good and all but just sittin there lookin all stock at ya isnt gonna get ya the big dust. Idk what guy was talking about when he said he shys away from mods, but in the car business mods sell. Yea people like stock hoes that havent been molested yet. Hell thats like likin virgins. But as we all no those arent around very much these days. Not to mention if you mod something or upgrade it, Its usually with better parts that chevy ever thought of putting on. For example....Replaced my 373 with 456s and a way better locker (trutrac). You gonna tell me the Detroit TruTrac and 456s didnt add more value to the hoe? ha:mexsmoke:

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

I bet the 20 inch flipdown tv with xbox 360 didnt add value either? blah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA