Seat belt chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has something similar to these in his sierra and they work great. His also double as a bottle opener :eek:

There must be a way to actually disable the chime though, it's highly annoying

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has something similar to these in his sierra and they work great. His also double as a bottle opener :eek:

There must be a way to actually disable the chime though, it's highly annoying

There is, wear your seat belt lol

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been a seat belt wearer but I've found a lot of people are not and it's obnoxious a person can't drive 10 feet without that sound going off cause the passenger doesn't have a seat belt on

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We wear our seatbelt basically 100% of the time we drive. Its just the few times moving the vehicle around or whatever when it isnt on…so frikin annoying. Shit, when she first got her vehicle it wouldnt even drive until the seatbelts were on. She now has that shut off, but to figure out how to shut off this stupid ass dinger would be real nice.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do wear my seatbelt. Thats not the point. I have shut the stupid dinger off in every one of my vehicles, just cant seem to find out how to do it for this one. Not sure it is possible without a tuner or something.

G-Frog

Reaction score
Clip the seatbelt correctly before getting into the car, then sit "on" the seat belt.

Seatbelt.jpg

Mine never goes off because I will not drive anywhere without everyone in the vehicle strapped-in.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under your seat, at the seat belt receiver, you will find 2 wires. You should be able to connect those 2 wires in the harness (I use a paperclip), and you should be good.

You can also go to a salvage yard, and cut out the other end of a seat belt. Clip it in, and your done.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clip the seatbelt correctly before getting into the car, then sit "on" the seat belt.

View attachment 357619

Mine never goes off because I will not drive anywhere without everyone in the vehicle strapped-in.
Yea we are always buckled also when traveling. But i sure dont need to be reminded to put a seatbelt in when i am moving a vehicle in the driveway, or going to the back of the property or on a dirt two track or something…annoying.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under your seat, at the seat belt receiver, you will find 2 wires. You should be able to connect those 2 wires in the harness (I use a paperclip), and you should be good.

You can also go to a salvage yard, and cut out the other end of a seat belt. Clip it in, and your done.
Hey, now i like that idea lol. I did that on my lawn mower…unplugged the seat sensor and put a paperclip in it. Damn mower would shut right off with no weight on the seat.

They sell seat belt “extenders”, which clip in to the current seatbelt clip and then have a clip on the other end for the seatbelt. I could go this route too….just thought maybe there was a simple way, like any other vehicle, to shut the damn chime off. I dont think there is though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269