?'s about wheel well mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am lowered 3/5 and rub with 305 tires but dont on 295/35/24

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I will be running stock 275/55/20 with a 4/6 drop on the Burb by the end of the week hopefully.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here 305/40/22. Take a look st the height and width of your new tires. The 4/6 drop brings more into play than what I had. I just used some zip ties to pull the liner back but only in the front. NorCal has been there done that. Stay with what they say. Any reason you want to go that low? A 2/3 or 3/5 is much easier. Good luck

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did Tony's fender well mod on my truck. Just need a ~18" 2x4. For the driver side turn the wheels to the right slightly, stick 2x4 between tire and inner wheel well, start turning wheel to the left allowing the tire to suck the 2x4 in and mold and push back the liner and metal (it will probably tear out one of the lower plastic push clips, just get a new one or zip tie). I went till full lock on my truck then repeated the process a couple times moving the 2x4 to slightly different angles. Move to other side and repeat process but turning in the opposite directions of course.

It does make a slightly terrifying sound while doing it but no damage occurred to my truck (I did this process with 295/35/24s and also did it to my brothers truck with 305/35/24s).

P.S. I assume no responsibility for any mistakes that may or may not be made lol

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Same here 305/40/22. Take a look st the height and width of your new tires. The 4/6 drop brings more into play than what I had. I just used some zip ties to pull the liner back but only in the front. NorCal has been there done that. Stay with what they say. Any reason you want to go that low? A 2/3 or 3/5 is much easier. Good luck

Not sure if this was meant for me but my reasoning for going 4/6 is 2 fold.

1. I got a killer deal on the 4/6 kit, which I know I could run it as a 3/5 kit.

2. I am running the stock 20" wheel and tires so I wanted to lose the wheel well gap.