RSE Delete on pre 03 console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I'm almost done restoring my interior. I need some ideas for deleting the RSE from my center console. Since I'm pre 2003, I was told that nothing exists to delete the RSE controls. I deleted the cassette already with a factory "pocket." Does this not exist for the RSE? If so, has anyone come up with any creative ideas?
Thanks

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yu can always fab stuff out of fiberglass or cabon fiber. Carbon fiber is fairly easy to work with aslong as you don't mess up the weave pattern

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. I was hoping for a delete pocket. Anyone want to Fab me a pocket, I'll pay.

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to find something from another car. I would measure the space and start searching for those dimensions on eBay or Google you would be surprised what you will find to fit weird spaces.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
What about a block off plate instead of a pocket? It'd be easier to make. I can't make one due to not having a nbs and not having cf weave right now

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was reading another thread where the OP said he damaged his RSE controls and the rear speakers no longer work. If I delete the RSE controls, will I need to rewire the rears?

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Are you talking about the rear stereo controls? If so there is a pocket from one of the 1500 trucks that fits I believe it's from a GMC Sierra W/T

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the rear stereo controls

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some Yukons came without those controls, and came with a pocket instead.

Mine is that way. Pocket with out vents as well.
I would go take a picture but I'm being lazy tonight.

a6fa15e6-cd06-b2f8.jpg

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pull the controls out. I'm hoping there are side walls and just the bottom is open to pass the wiring through.....if this is the case I will just build a backplate to complete the "pocket"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65