RSE Delete on pre 03 console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pull the controls out. I'm hoping there are side walls and just the bottom is open to pass the wiring through.....if this is the case I will just build a backplate to complete the "pocket"

If this works show some pics please.

Removal of RSE will cut off rear speakers if you are using the factory amp. It can be bypassed, but I forget which wires need to be jumped.

The pocket is different for consoles 03 and up.

I was thinking of adding a power inverter under the console and making a panel with a power outlet.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removal of RSE will cut off rear speakers if you are using the factory amp. It can be bypassed, but I forget which wires need to be jumped.

I was afraid this would be the case. You sure the rears have wiring coming straight from the amp? If it is some sort of pass through the RSE controls, then I would have to rewire and I don't think I'm in the mood to do that anytime soon.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid this would be the case. You sure the rears have wiring coming straight from the amp? If it is some sort of pass through the RSE controls, then I would have to rewire and I don't think I'm in the mood to do that anytime soon.

You have to jump a couple of wires at the harness where the controls plug into. Another member in the audio forum just did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879