Center Console - Rear Passenger control lights stay on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdsuburb06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently purchased an 09 yukon denali and my wife drives this as her daily driver, I have rarely been in the vehicle. Was moving it out of the driveway tonight and noticed the buttons for the rear passengers that are on the back of the center console (believe these are temp controls and buttons for the DVD player) were lit up when I approached the vehicle. I've messed around with some of the interior options on this vehicle and looked in the manual for any info on shutting them off and can not find anything on this. I'd like to think there is probably a simple fix to this, but this vehicle has a lot more going on than the base 06 suburban I drive. Anyone run into this or know of a simple solution?
Thank you, Matt

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Does that suv have a dome light over ride switch like the NBS's?

If it does, mess with it to see if you can get them to turn off.

OP
OP
S

sdsuburb06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does that suv have a dome light over ride switch like the NBS's?

If it does, mess with it to see if you can get them to turn off.
It does and that was the first thing I had tried but no luck on my end with that.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I would try to source a used rear passenger control module and change it out and see what it does. I doubt you have a wiring issue.

OP
OP
S

sdsuburb06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got this thing into a body shop/collision center a month ago. He claims the issue with this stems from a wire harness that is cracked and is also throwing a code for the airbag system. He said due to strikes, GM isn't releasing the harness or parts at this time (should be soon) and he can get that harness replaced. Never would have guessed this was the problem as that airbag issue has been going in for many month but he claims they are in fact directly related.

Zoolander

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got this thing into a body shop/collision center a month ago. He claims the issue with this stems from a wire harness that is cracked and is also throwing a code for the airbag system. He said due to strikes, GM isn't releasing the harness or parts at this time (should be soon) and he can get that harness replaced. Never would have guessed this was the problem as that airbag issue has been going in for many month but he claims they are in fact directly related.
I'm having this exact same problem with our 2014 Yukon. Did they tell you the name of the part or the #?

OP
OP
S

sdsuburb06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never did get a part number. I know when it was scanned the code was b1006. Vehicle still isn't fixed as the guy hasn't gotten it done or still doesn't have the part. I talked to a dealership about the code and they said they would physically need to see the vehicle to determine which harness it is that is damaged - they claimed it could be one of many which didn't make sense to me, but that's what I was told.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019