Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This stuff?

d96f5e88-5998-4ca1-a384-ca8461db1f7e.jpg
Yup. Great stuff. Hasn't worn off anything I've painted. I did the running boards and rear bumper on The Beast 2 years ago and it still looks like new.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kicker hideaway kicks ass for what it is, you can hide it pretty much any where and Amazon usually has them for about $149 refurbished
I'll keep that in mind. It's one of the ones I was looking at as well as the Cerwin-Vega 10". They both have about the same reviews and price.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a regular 2012 HD front bumper and painting the whole thing including the chrome parts unless I can get one that's paintable. I'm not crazy about the one it has. I'm also going to do a spray-in bedliner. Does anybody know which one is best? I'm not going to do a CM one because after a few years the red will be pink. I'm thinking a Line-X but not sure which one. It won't be hauling much if anything. The main reason is there's a spot on each side by the wheel wells where the sealer they applied bubbled up and the paint peeled there. It's worse than I thought it was, once I started peeling things up. Both sides have obviously been holding water and rusting behind the paint. It looks like I might get my insurance settlement soon for my medical and lost wages so I should have some cash to spend soon, hopefully. I sure hope so because this truck needs a few things. One other item is a new windshield since it has a pretty big crack on the passenger side. Plus I'm going to be fixing the 2 cracks in the dash as soon as I buy one of those plastic heat stapler tools. And I want a new air management system some day.

IMG_8287.JPG IMG_8288.JPG

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Not sure about your state but in FL your full coverage insurance will pay for a new windshield with no money out of pocket and no rise in your premiums... they look at it as a safety issue... might be worth checking out.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just chips are free here, full replacements you have to pay your comprehensive deductible.
I was thinking about getting line-x as well, we have an actual line-x place here, I seen the colors and UV protection on the website, Ill probably just go with the cheapest lol....
I just want the one that looks the best. It doesn't have to stand up to concrete blocks since I'll probably never carry anything more than a load of hot chicks in a parade. I used to haul professional cheerleaders at the openings of our arena football teams on my bagger Harley so maybe I'll get lucky with the truck. Those were good times.IMG_4924.JPG

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a regular 2012 HD front bumper and painting the whole thing including the chrome parts unless I can get one that's paintable. I'm not crazy about the one it has. I'm also going to do a spray-in bedliner. Does anybody know which one is best? I'm not going to do a CM one because after a few years the red will be pink. I'm thinking a Line-X but not sure which one. It won't be hauling much if anything. The main reason is there's a spot on each side by the wheel wells where the sealer they applied bubbled up and the paint peeled there. It's worse than I thought it was, once I started peeling things up. Both sides have obviously been holding water and rusting behind the paint. It looks like I might get my insurance settlement soon for my medical and lost wages so I should have some cash to spend soon, hopefully. I sure hope so because this truck needs a few things. One other item is a new windshield since it has a pretty big crack on the passenger side. Plus I'm going to be fixing the 2 cracks in the dash as soon as I buy one of those plastic heat stapler tools. And I want a new air management system some day.

Truck is turning to junk. I'll come pick it up from you whenever you're ready....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove