Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you please find me a center console in my area then? Lol every time one comes up for sale here they want 300+ for it

Edit: unless you are referring to different one. I’m just going off what’s in your picture

I see them around me ("around me" as in within a 300 +/- mile radius cuz I drive a lot for work) from $100 and higher. I've been keeping my eye out for one for my Tahoe because the hinge on the small door is broken. Nobody wants to sell me just the snap-in insert, they wanna sell the whole console so I pass on 'em.

Again, this is for the SUV, so I estimated one to run about the same or higher. I can add one for a truck to my search list if you want me to. If it's cheap enough, it may be worth it even with shipping.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I filled up the tank today and was greeted by a pool of fuel under the truck when I was done. Again. This has happened a few times. The first time was on the way up from SF after I bought it and I diagnosed it as the fuel filler hose got disconnected at the top of the cell. Then it happened again a few weeks ago but I thought it was because I overfilled it, which I did. But today I made sure to not overfill it. So I got home and looked underneath but didn't see a problem, so I pulled the rear panel behind the tailgate so I could see the of of the cell. I figured it was a vent hose with a crack or something. It had leaked a bit on the way home (nothing like leaving a gas trail) and now nothing but I could see a stain around the top of the cell where the fuel pump mounts. The same mechanic that left the front shock bolts loose had replaced the fuel pump just before I bought the truck so I figured it had something to do with that. I added fuel and pretty soon it started leaking around the fuel pump gasket so I pulled the pump and there was the problem. The gasket was torn in a few places where the screws went through it. I tried finding a similar gasket but I'm not sure where they got this one from (it's not a stock one) so I decided to RTV it instead. I left the gasket out and used black RTV. It's a hard place to get my hands in so it doesn't look great but I think it will seal. It couldn't leak worse than before. I even covered the heads of the damn screws. The ring the builders made to hold the pump down had the holes in all different locations, not evenly spaced so it only went one way, and it had to line up with the pump in only I way due to one hole on the pump flange that had to line up so it was like a damn puzzle putting it back together, plus it now had black RTV all around the edges. It was a *****. It had better work or else I'll have to drop the tank. I had to drain about a gallon out of it before I installed the pump so it wouldn't splash into the RTV. Good times.

IMG_8203.JPG IMG_8204.JPG IMG_8205.JPG IMG_8206.JPG IMG_8208.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey now... You've got a supercharged denali with Wildwoods on 26 dubs.... Don't you be blaming that poor pickup!
Oh yeah...duh.
I was just thinking though, I've been getting a CEL with code of P0455, evap system leak. I bet that's because of that damn fuel pump gasket. The tank obviously had an evap leak so hopefully that will be fixed.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love shoddy mechanic work... not sure who worked on that truck before you but I wouldn't let them work on my lawn mower, let alone that beauty.
Yep. He left the front shock bolts loose, didn't check the new air bags for clearance so they rubbed a hole in them, left the fuel filler tube loose, and destroyed the fuel pump gasket. The 3 things he worked on he managed to f*ck up 4 ways.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
I did a BlackBear tune via my Autocal and it has a CAI but other than that, not really. I'll probably do something with the exhaust, maybe an inexpensive set of headers if I can make them work. The exhaust on a truck this modified is limited though, there's not much room for it. It currently has a mid dump on it and I'm not crazy about the sound, but I have to keep in mind the comparison is The Beast with American Racing longtubes and basically straight pipes or louder with the Aero Turbo muffler it has.

Not sure, probably 150 RMS.

The Beast is pretty much done. I have nothing left that I want to do to the suspension, exhaust or brakes, and I don't really want any more power because I'm afraid I'll start breaking powertrain components. It's a blast to drive and it's a great daily. I'm more interested in it lasting a long time just the way it is.
That's a good point. Is it going to any shows?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any plans for that, maybe just some local gatherings where guys get together to show their rides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts