Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
70% (clear) ceramic film on the windshield will block about 50% of the heat and 99% UVA and UVB to protect your dash.

I have it on my Burb with a 8" 5% strip at the top. Works great and no issues at night. Really helps with the heat here in FL.
I live in Oregon. If I lived in a sunny climate it might be different. Even a tiny bit more tint at night would bother me. Especially on our dark, rainy winter nights. I can't see shit on those nights.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Body accents will be black. Only the wheels will be anything close to chrome; the polished billet wheels will have to do. The rest is body color or black. And I won't be tinting the windshield. I have a hard enough time seeing at night at my age as it is lol.

I can dig the accent colors. You can do 50% its barely anything and cleans up the cab so much better. Plus seeing at night is not an issue now that you have a retrofit. I can run 35% shield with a retro but I wont go any darker because then its hard to see.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can dig the accent colors. You can do 50% its barely anything and cleans up the cab so much better. Plus seeing at night is not an issue now that you have a retrofit. I can run 35% shield with a retro but I wont go any darker because then its hard to see.
Cops would yank me here so fast, I wouldn’t make it outta my driveway...to my private rd.....lol

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I do not do dip. Absolutely hate that stuff. To me it's a cheap ass way to do a half ass job that's not even permanent, doesn't wash well, and looks like plastic dip. I can spot the stuff a mile away. Does that answer that question?
:signs8:
:okay2:sad face

Also lights and cut off look perfect. Not sure what those other weirdos were talking about the steps. Everything looks lined up to me.:waytogo:

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No shield tint in the north.
Every once in a while up here I see someone with an obviously tinted shield. But in FL it seems like every fourth car has a tinted shield of some sorts.

Work truck will probably get tint over the summer so maybe i'll get it done then lol. It would look sweet but it's not a good look to be pulled over a lot, with letters down the side and all.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the correct RGB lighting connectors today so I soldered one on the end of the roll of LED's I bought. The wire colors are printed right on the strip so I figured I couldn't mess up. But when I took them out to the truck and plugged them in, nothing. So I looked at the wire colors and they looked reversed to me. I was able to figure how to pull the pins out of the connectors so I reversed them, and this time when I plugged them I actually looked at the wire colors and damn, they were still wrong but al least the power wire was in the right place so I fired them up, knowing the color would be wrong. Then I wrote down the colors and went back in and switched the pins again. Bingo! Now they match the color on my ap, and the demon eyes. You can see the last 2 pics, the reverse colors and the correct colors. Pretty cool that for $20 I can make up any length RGB strips I need for a total of 15'. For comparison, Morimoto sells strips for anywhere from $50 for a 3" strip to $120 for a 24". At the 24" rate, my 15' would cost $900.

IMG_8056.JPG IMG_8057.JPG IMG_8058.JPG IMG_8060.JPG IMG_8064.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo