Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little by little you're fixing her up. Amazing how this guy spent so much money and time on it, but neglected all the little, but important stuff. People never cease to amaze me.

The little things are the hardest and take the most time and money. It's easy to drop a truck at a body shop and say paint this and shave that, and if you can write a check the suspension is easy. Tracing down every little issue and detail, especially with things that might not occur till long after it's left the shop, is time consuming.

I have the opportunity to work on my projects in a professional garage, and when I built my drift trike I kept the frame in the backseat of my truck and everything else in plastic tubs because my clutch got lost in the first week. Stuff just happens, people don't know what's what and what's junk or important.
Most paint guys aren't going to be super careful about pulling off parts, labeling and storing them like a home builder or a specialized custom fab shop would be. Just look at home many vehicles come back from the body shop without badges/moldings/stickers, or, even worse, painted over.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw on FB today that TRS has a 10% off promo code for this week. I thought it figures, a few days after placing a big order they have a promo. So I thought I'd give it a try and ask them if they'd give me 10% back on my order from last Thursday. Couldn't hurt, right? Luck has it that I had asked them about switchback LED's for the headlights and they decided that since I might be spending more money, they'd give me store credit for $56.10. So I ordered a set of Morimoto's for $45 and a set of Acme NOS for $25. I figured I'll run a set of each in each headlight since the CC has 2 TS bulbs in each headlight. I can compare them to see if the Morimoto's are worth the extra cash. I applied the credit plus used the code for another $7 off so my total was $10 including shipping. Also today my wheel spacers came in. If the weather holds I'll install them tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the rear wheels move out 2".

IMG_7824.JPG

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on FB today that TRS has a 10% off promo code for this week. I thought it figures, a few days after placing a big order they have a promo. So I thought I'd give it a try and ask them if they'd give me 10% back on my order from last Thursday. Couldn't hurt, right? Luck has it that I had asked them about switchback LED's for the headlights and they decided that since I might be spending more money, they'd give me store credit for $56.10. So I ordered a set of Morimoto's for $45 and a set of Acme NOS for $25. I figured I'll run a set of each in each headlight since the CC has 2 TS bulbs in each headlight. I can compare them to see if the Morimoto's are worth the extra cash. I applied the credit plus used the code for another $7 off so my total was $10 including shipping. Also today my wheel spacers came in. If the weather holds I'll install them tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the rear wheels move out 2".

View attachment 193634

Where'd you get the spacers from? You mind posting a pic of the back, showing the heads of the studs?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also today I received my Doc Bailey's Leather Black. The bottoms of both front seats were pretty bad and I figured I'd give it a try as opposed to spending over $400 for 2 new bottom replacement covers. I think I need one more application on the driver's bottom but I want to let this sit for a day or two. They came out nearly perfect. I'm pretty damn happy.

IMG_7821.JPG IMG_7825.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. They look like some 1.5" hubcentric ones I bought. Just not sure if I should trust the studs to actually be Grade 10.9 or is that a gimmick stamp, ya know?
It's an American company with a solid reputation and great reviews. Not some fly-by-night unknown Ebay seller with no reputation. ASE certified, been around since 1991. I'm not worried.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Also today I received my Doc Bailey's Leather Black. The bottoms of both front seats were pretty bad and I figured I'd give it a try as opposed to spending over $400 for 2 new bottom replacement covers. I think I need one more application on the driver's bottom but I want to let this sit for a day or two. They came out nearly perfect. I'm pretty damn happy.

View attachment 193644 View attachment 193645
Is this a black dye/paste that you rub in?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a black dye/paste that you rub in?
Yessir. Let it dry for an hour and then buff lightly. It had great reviews and for $14 I figured it was worth a shot. It worked great. They also make a kit for repairs and that one you can mix colors and match anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts