Right Hand Drive Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Czykats44

Dis Member
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine (fellow gearhead) and I were perusing a few speed shops while we are in New Zealand on business. We saw some interesting American things one would not expect in NZ ... in the back lot of one place we saw a RH drive Tahoe. So I asked about it. Apparently businesses will buy them in one's and twos and send them to a shop in Auckland to be converted. 90% of trucks in NZ are 1/4 ton or less so this is odd. Sorry I didn't get better pics ... not a lot of space.

Currency conversion to us is about $54k

93b0a2b4ad851a576005f92fb3fde4be.jpg

56fe45da9588b4b1f7417b9918a71de3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While many manufacturers already make RHD and LHD vehicles (our 2012 Caprice is an example), there are a few models that aren't included. For that, and I think bacause the laws in NZ and AU require vehicles to be RHD for the normal daily-driver (not specialty or antique vehicles), there are several companies in that part of the world that do the conversions. Some are MUCH better than others. The conversion isn't cheap, as you see there.

OP
OP
Czykats44

Czykats44

Dis Member
Reaction score
While many manufacturers already make RHD and LHD vehicles (our 2012 Caprice is an example), there are a few models that aren't included. For that, and I think bacause the laws in NZ and AU require vehicles to be RHD for the normal daily-driver (not specialty or antique vehicles), there are several companies in that part of the world that do the conversions. Some are MUCH better than others. The conversion isn't cheap, as you see there.

The business rep said as much. He said the first company they dealt with was iffy to begin with but then started slipping more. The company they use now is meticulous ... and the price is apparently indicative. Things are just a little different in the land of Holden.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine (fellow gearhead) and I were perusing a few speed shops while we are in New Zealand on business. We saw some interesting American things one would not expect in NZ ... in the back lot of one place we saw a RH drive Tahoe. So I asked about it. Apparently businesses will buy them in one's and twos and send them to a shop in Auckland to be converted. 90% of trucks in NZ are 1/4 ton or less so this is odd. Sorry I didn't get better pics ... not a lot of space.

Currency conversion to us is about $54k

93b0a2b4ad851a576005f92fb3fde4be.jpg

56fe45da9588b4b1f7417b9918a71de3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wow what a neat find! Very cool and interesting. Thanks for posting this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879