Reverse wire for back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where it's located but you can use the grey wire from the BCM. Or you can use the green wire in the A pillar but then the camera will come on when you unlock the doors with remote. Or you can do like 2005yukonxl(Chad) did and run a relay off a switched source using the reverse wire to trigger the relay so it only powers on with ignition on and truck in reverse.

GeneralNoobzor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where it's located but you can use the grey wire from the BCM. Or you can use the green wire in the A pillar but then the camera will come on when you unlock the doors with remote. Or you can do like 2005yukonxl(Chad) did and run a relay off a switched source using the reverse wire to trigger the relay so it only powers on with ignition on and truck in reverse.

I used a relay on mine. :)

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, after a some chilton studying I found the wire. It is the reverse light wire from the tail light( light green). It goes into the relay box in the drivers side footwell.
c6e4ddef-d7be-6e6e.jpg

I ran a jumper cable just to make sure and now when I go in reverse my radio turns to the camera mode. Camera is wired to radio ground and battery lead so I can use it anytime
c6e4ddef-d849-6cc5.jpg
I'm not in reverse.

Rosario Estrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
he's right u hafto find the right one i did it in my hoe and it worked fine ur problem is that u got the wrong wire or if u have an alarm make sure they didnt tie into ur revese light so they flash when it locks or unlocks, that's what happend with mine it would make my hu go on and off.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

were did u install ur camera in the rear?

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he's right u hafto find the right one i did it in my hoe and it worked fine ur problem is that u got the wrong wire or if u have an alarm make sure they didnt tie into ur revese light so they flash when it locks or unlocks, that's what happend with mine it would make my hu go on and off.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Yeah I'm happy now!

were did u install ur camera in the rear?

I have the over the license plate camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman