Reverse wire for back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have installed my back up camera, works great, but could not figure out how to get it to turn on with me putting my truck in reverse. Right now I turn it on the the head unit camera setting but it should go straight to it when in reverse. What wire should I tap into?

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's ran into the back of the hu. So is there a wire under the dash that can be tapped into? I though of doing that but would require me running a wire from the dash back to the back of the truck.

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look when I get home for the diagram. It's hard to do on the iPhone lol

GeneralNoobzor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take off the cover to the fuse box to the left of your steering wheel (right by the door) you will see a bundle of wires wrapped in electrical tape. Take off a little tape so you have access to the wires. Look for an OLIVE GREEN wire. Get a test lead. Put the test lead the wire and make the smallest hole possible. put the car in reverse. The test light should illuminate if you have the right wire. This wire can also be located in the A pillar

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33127

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have a test lead so I tried the olive wire with a quick tape. It switched my HU to the camera, but without the truck being in reverse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman