Reverse lights manual override

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be adding 2 led pods to my rear bumper for additional reverse lights. I am wanting to add in a manual switch for both stock and the added leds pods, for tailgating and what not.

I found one thread just searching on Google but it's for a ford anyone have knowledge on doing this to a Yukon. ?

Here is that thread for reference:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350805

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Googled tahoe reverse lights wire color.

Im getting alot of mention towards a light green wire in the same general area as the ford you linked. I see no reason why you couldnt copy the write up you linked except using the light green wire instead of that black/pink.

I did something similar on a tacoma years back but didnt integrate controling factory reverse lights with the switch. I could run factory only in reverse, factory plus aux in reverse, or aux only anytime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to follow his wiring diagram but its a little confusing for me as I have never really worked with relays.

And thats exaxtly what im wanting. Can I do that with a 5 pin rocker switch or do I need the 7 pin?

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe what I need is a On-Off-On rocker switch correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman