Reverse light replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are by far the brightest 921 LED reverse bulbs I’ve used. It does say that they are “canbus error free” in 98% of vehicles.

They made a noticeable improvement on night time visibility that is also noticeable in the backup camera.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are by far the brightest 921 LED reverse bulbs I’ve used. It does say that they are “canbus error free” in 98% of vehicles.

They made a noticeable improvement on night time visibility that is also noticeable in the backup camera.
What year truck are you driving?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year truck are you driving?

I’ve installed them in a 2013 Escalade ESV as well as a 2015 Yukon XL Denali.

I know either vehicle is a 21+, which is why I mentioned they are “canbus error free” in 98% of vehicles.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve installed them in a 2013 Escalade ESV as well as a 2015 Yukon XL Denali.

I know either vehicle is a 21+, which is why I mentioned they are “canbus error free” in 98% of vehicles.
thanks but I’m looking for a tried and true solution. I don’t want to spend money on something only to find out it doesn’t work

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks but I’m looking for a tried and true solution. I don’t want to spend money on something only to find out it doesn’t work

I understand.

Here are the same bulbs I linked above on Amazon and for a quite a bit cheaper!

I'm sure if you installed them as soon as you plugged them in and turned on your vehicle you'd know if they gave you an error message or not. If they do just return them pretty easily through Amazon.

The error message you speak of is the exact reason why they started offering canbus friendly error free bulbs. Read the reviews one user reports having them installed in a 2022 Silverado Trail Boss, 2021 4Runner, 2020 Silverado 2500 HD all with no issues.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand.

Here are the same bulbs I linked above on Amazon and for a quite a bit cheaper!

I'm sure if you installed them as soon as you plugged them in and turned on your vehicle you'd know if they gave you an error message or not. If they do just return them pretty easily through Amazon.

The error message you speak of is the exact reason why they started offering canbus friendly error free bulbs. Read the reviews one user reports having them installed in a 2022 Silverado Trail Boss, 2021 4Runner, 2020 Silverado 2500 HD all with no issues.
These sites are very informative for a whole host of issues. The crappy rear lights in the 21 plus Tahoe and suburbans are the single biggest complaint that everyone has. In the previous gen I put leds in the back ups without issue and the rest of the lighting was more than adequate and very aesthetically pleasing.
if there was something that worked, led wise I think it would be published far and wide here. Thats why I asked about halogen. One poster has even designed a three build led system complete with wiring harness and with built in resistors. My understanding is that the resistors can get very hot. That makes me shy away from that solution.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive bought a set of sylvania silver stars in 921. Hopefully it’s better.
That's one of the options I was thinking of. They also sell (or used to sell) a Cool Blue halogen in most lamp styles. Looks like the 921 is still available. They're as close to LED high white as I've seen.

I used Cool Blue 9005 and 9006 in my headlights.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one of the options I was thinking of. They also sell (or used to sell) a Cool Blue halogen in most lamp styles. Looks like the 921 is still available. They're as close to LED high white as I've seen.

I used Cool Blue 9005 and 9006 in my headlights.
I’ve used the silver stars in my headlights. I was partial to Piaa’s though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn