Reverse light replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody found or use a non led light bulb as a replacement for the reverse lights in the 21-23 Tahoe. Halogen maybe? Something not so yellowish?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the parts catalog it's a W16W bulb. Google that and you'll find a plethora of options. FWIW - you won't get a non-yellowish look with halogen. If you want more white you want LED and you want the color temperature to be in the 6-7K range.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ Not entirely true. There are Halogen lamps out there in the brighter white ranges.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive bought a set of sylvania silver stars in 921. Hopefully it’s better.

keithcruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anybody found or use a non led light bulb as a replacement for the reverse lights in the 21-23 Tahoe. Halogen maybe? Something not so yellowish?
HI Blue, I have a 2018 Yukon and replaced the filament bulbs with LED. They are very white and bright, even washing out the night time camera image a bit. There are many different led modules on ebay and I found these to be the brightest. Having said that, I can’t find the photo on my computer but will take one tomorrow. They draw so little current they need to be canbus compatible or you will get a “bulb out” message. Standby for further.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI Blue, I have a 2018 Yukon and replaced the filament bulbs with LED. They are very white and bright, even washing out the night time camera image a bit. There are many different led modules on ebay and I found these to be the brightest. Having said that, I can’t find the photo on my computer but will take one tomorrow. They draw so little current they need to be canbus compatible or you will get a “bulb out” message. Standby for further.
Thanks but you can’t use LEDs in the 21-23 ‘s without getting an error message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo