reusing the stock XM antenna for Sirius PnP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlatenight

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had one of those 'dot' magnetic sirius antennas on my Tahoe's roof and it recently failed (also scratched the s**t out of my roof where it was, but that's another story). I looked into using the stock XM antenna (shark fin thing) with my Sirius plug 'n play unit. Turns out it'll work, so I got an extension cable for the antenna and ran it to the radio and low and behold it worked! ...until I started driving around...the signal drops out a ton. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know a way to boost the signal for the factory XM antenna or something? I love the idea of using the stock antenna, but the drop-outs are killing me.

nellynel

Reaction score
I used the stock antenna with my aftermarket pioneer radio works perfect no signal loss make sure u remove the stock connector from the xm cable I then used black tape to secure it from coming out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401