Looking for OEM Bose NAV/head unit for 2005 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No. I’ve considered buying an aftermarket unit with SiriusXM and CarPlay but haven’t done anything yet as the head unit & install package are more than I want to spend on this almost 200k mile vehicle.
200k? That's nothing! Still plenty of life left.

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just removed my factory Nav/Sirius system a few weeks ago, along with the 6 CD changer. A couple of the buttons are a little worn. Worked great when I took it out. Let me know if you want to buy it.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a strong supporter of factory head units... I installed a factory OEM Nav system in all my vehicles that didnt come with one (except my Saturn)..

That said, I am slowly turning away from that. The Atoto head units are nice, and can even come with a in dash amp if your truck doesnt have one.

My biggest hang up is that you still have to by a rather expensive module for the things to work correctly. The PAC module is just as expensive as the head unit.

I also have 3 OEM navigation units, but I would need to know if you have the Dumb or Smart head unit. They are not interchangeable, and 2004 was the changeover year.

or

Yours being a 2005 should mean its the Dumb unit.

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a strong supporter of factory head units... I installed a factory OEM Nav system in all my vehicles that didnt come with one (except my Saturn)..

That said, I am slowly turning away from that. The Atoto head units are nice, and can even come with a in dash amp if your truck doesnt have one.

My biggest hang up is that you still have to by a rather expensive module for the things to work correctly. The PAC module is just as expensive as the head unit.

I also have 3 OEM navigation units, but I would need to know if you have the Dumb or Smart head unit. They are not interchangeable, and 2004 was the changeover year.

or

Yours being a 2005 should mean its the Dumb unit.
You’re right. Some aftermarket head units are not expensive but the factory integration adapter can cost more than the head unit which makes it a deal breaker for me.

What’s the difference between a dumb or smart head unit? I’m assuming mine is the dumb one. It has no special features other than the worthless DVD NAV and XM. Where are the numbers you listed found?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smart or Dumb refers to how the radio talks to the Bose Amp.
Smart systems have better sound reproduction and use digital sound reproduction at the amp and in communication to the head unit.
Dumb systems operate like any aftermarket radio, and just send a pre-amp audio signal to the amp.

The numbers provided are the newest TNR part numbers of the 2 systems.

You can integrate a bluetooth system into your factory radio.

www.usaspec.com

I have one in my GMC, had one in my Saab, had one is my Esky, had one in my Buick, looking to put one in my Saturn currently.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically:

Dumb = Bose Premium (Tahoe/Sub/Yukon/Silvy/Sierra/Av)
Smart = Bose Luxury using class 2 data (Escalade/Denali)

Tech2 with SPS/Techline Connect can recalibrate - I did this for my Premium to Luxury conversion on my UC6 radio.

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically:

Dumb = Bose Premium (Tahoe/Sub/Yukon/Silvy/Sierra/Av)
Smart = Bose Luxury using class 2 data (Escalade/Denali)

Tech2 with SPS/Techline Connect can recalibrate - I did this for my Premium to Luxury conversion on my UC6 radio.
Sounds like mine is the dumb one. The BT add-on module is pricey!

SelenaYukonXL333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually have hu that works great and has the nav CD/hardware, would be willing to part with cheap if you still were looking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz