Retrofitting DL3 (power fold, heated, turn signals) onto a 2000 truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT, and I need to replace my partially broken passenger side mirror assembly (the heat doesn't work, and the mirror binds).
I have been doing some research and I like the idea of having power fold and turn signals in the mirrors in addition to the heated, dimming, and puddle lights.

The best info I could find was from this thread, where @gettygatz4life did this on an '01, but it was light on the details.

I know I would have to run wires to run the turn signals, but it sounds like you can just get a 02 Cadillac Escalade power mirror switch and hook up wires, or plug it in or something?

Anyone know of a more in depth write up on how to do this on a 2000 Yukon?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You will have to run two new wires to each door from under the dash for the turn signals. You can splice it under the steering wheel area. Then you have to run those up through the grommet in the door and up to the mirror.

If you can find an escalade power folding switch, that is easiest. You have to run a power and ground to that switch and the dash lighting. Then it is has two more wires, fold and extend, and you run those two wires to each mirror. After that, you basically just have to match the existing wires in the door to the new wires on the new DL3 mirrors.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't know if your 2000's wiring is different from my 03 Hoe, but I just have the regular power heated mirrors with no puddle lights. I have a set of the DL3 mirrors that I'm selling. Unfortunately, I don't think the power fold works--not really sure--but all I did was plug the mirror into my master switch and the signals worked. No wire splicing or anything. So that will def work doing that. IMAG1674.jpgHad it plugged into the master switch.

OP
OP
W8TVI

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if your 2000's wiring is different from my 03 Hoe, but I just have the regular power heated mirrors with no puddle lights. I have a set of the DL3 mirrors that I'm selling. Unfortunately, I don't think the power fold works--not really sure--but all I did was plug the mirror into my master switch and the signals worked. No wire splicing or anything. So that will def work doing that. View attachment 77053Had it plugged into the master switch.

From what I have read, you would have to have the computer programed to allow the power fold function to work.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 was plug and play with the switch and mirrors only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't offer any advice on how to do it. But i know @Pachanga02 has 2003+ turn signal mirror on his 2002 denali xl. So i know its doable. I would think a couple extra wires ran for the turn signals and power fold and it should function.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what @kses123 said, and no computer programming needed. @Bigbeardenali1992 is correct I was able to do the 2003+ power fold and turn signal. If your able to find the escalade switch that makes it easier. I got mine off eBay for around $30 shipped. I had the schematic on how and where you have to splice into but when my pc went a lot of my saved things I wasn't able to retrieve. You may have luck and find it on google wiring for a 2002 and wiring for a 2003 power fold mirror.

OP
OP
W8TVI

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From some further reading, it sounds like the fold switch function was built into the master switch on the newer trucks.
Might there be some way to retrofit a 03+ master switch onto a 00-02 truck?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From some further reading, it sounds like the fold switch function was built into the master switch on the newer trucks.
Might there be some way to retrofit a 03+ master switch onto a 00-02 truck?
That is correct. On my 2006, I put the left and right selector switch to the middle, and hold down the right adjust arrow and they fold in, to fold out I hold the left adjust arrow and they fold out. I would think doing it that way might be a bit tricky with wires going to both the mirror and then to the switch. I would think the esky fold switch would be an easier swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645