Results of my Kwikee 90 Minute Detail Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
2Doorhoeon4's I live in Sarasota, I might be interested in a full detail one of these days. I'll keep you in mind.

OP
OP
TahoeJim

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good man..... wanna job hahaha

www.kwikcleandetailing.com

I helped a guy I went to high school with open up a detailing shop and managed it for a few years during my early 20's. I had done this on my own since I was 16. I used to get a lot of insurance work for cars with overspray from highway roadsigns or similar. Wet sand them and then bring out the compound and glazes. There were still quite a few single-stage paint jobs out there and it was wild diving through the thick layers of paint some vehicles came with. A few boats, a lot of motorcycles, etc....good times, good hard work. I still have my original untouched, un-rebuilt Milwaukee polisher....over 25 years old...but I didn't bother with it. Just a fast wax job with my orbital and some Meguires cleaner wax.

OP
OP
TahoeJim

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine Bay - light power wash, water only, to get rid of the grit and stuff just on the surface. While it's wet, about a quart of Simple Green on everything except the K&N, let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse it all off, start it up and drive for 30 minutes to dry it out. Pop the hood and look again, see what stubborn spots are there. Wet it all down, more Simple Green and maybe a little brush action and a good rinsing.

If you've had oil leaks or lots of grease that's now an abrasive paste for years.....I'd get some shop towels and contact cleaner, get that crap off first.

It's not hard to do, you just have to take your time and do it multiple times to get it perfectly clean. Once you're there, just a rinse once every 6 months seems to keep it nice. Dress the black stuff or wax the painted stuff as you see fit.....provided you still have the patience to mess around under there.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good bro! what wax u use?

2drhoe i'd take u up on joining the crew. i do detailing at a lexus dealership but i'm getting out of there soon

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is lookin' good, TahoeJim. Wish mine was lookin' that good, but I haven't had the time for a full detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman