Resonator Delete '15+ 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sundancekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the resonator on a '15+ 6.2 Denali or Escalade? Want to see what the sound difference is. These new trucks are so quiet, can't stand it anymore! All I'm looking for is that nice little burble like the last gen had, will removing the resonator achieve that? Thanks in advance!

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do the bolt mod on the exhaust flapper thingy (I'm real tired and can't think)

It will cost you $2 in stainless hardware and sound great.

I went from wanting a corsa to plenty happy with the stock!

OP
OP
Sundancekid

Sundancekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try and see how it works! Still looking to hear if anyone has removed the resonator, just seems so useless to clog up the exhaust with more junk, need to let that 6.2 breathe a little.

OP
OP
Sundancekid

Sundancekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did the bolt mod, used a 10-24 since that's what I had laying around. You can definitely hear the difference at startup, thanks for the tip! Still think it needs a little more, gonna have my buddy's exhaust shop cut it out and just save it in case I need to put it back, will report on that and cost since the KPE delete kit is $400!

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may experience drone if you delete the resonator. Try Fifty suggestion on the flapper mod and see if that will give you the sound you want. What I did was leave the resonator, added magnaflow muffler from Tony, and removed the flapper completely with 3.5" tubing (flapper assembly tubing is about 2.75"). No drone and sounds great. Pretty cheap as well.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do the bolt mod on the exhaust flapper thingy (I'm real tired and can't think)

It will cost you $2 in stainless hardware and sound great.

I went from wanting a corsa to plenty happy with the stock!

Can someone explain the flapper bolt mod. I searched and couldn't find any information on it.

Thanks,
Dennis

OP
OP
Sundancekid

Sundancekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the added sound of forcing the flapper open, no drone at all. The drone concerns me though if the resonator is cut out. Would letting the flapper close again eliminate the drone and still have the better sound?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924