Replacement struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the pix you posted, the strut bottom bracket was installed under the front lower control arm, it should be installed above the front lower control arm according OEM setup.
Ken did that on purpose and that’s why he mentioned the grade 9 hardware. He’s been running that for about 2 yrs now, no issues.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
From the pix you posted, the strut bottom bracket was installed under the front lower control arm, it should be installed above the front lower control arm according OEM setup.

Correct. Installing them under the control arm provides about 2" of drop. This is how I maintained a 4" drop up front without using drop struts. 2" drop spindles + 2" drop from mounting under the control arm = 4" drop up front.

That is why I said you need to use the Grade 9 hardware if you mount them this way.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello
What front struts are people using?
2012 ppv
Thanks

I’m rocking Belltech Street Performance struts & shocks. Running Eibach 2” drop lowering springs in the rear for comfort (the PPV rear springs are horrible ride comfort).

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
The OP doesn’t state his goals, whether it to maintain stock or raise/ lower?

My SSV arrived with Monroe QuickStruts. Which indicates to me the CBP killed the originals running off road. PN 139104 I believe.
There’s a slightly shorter one PN 181784 that may be their part for PPV?

I’ll be going with adjustable coilover soon, probably Fox but perhaps another depending on dimensions available and what suppliers don’t have a long backlog.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for the complete OEM strut?

Did GM even offer a complete strut? When I look in the parts lookup system I only see components. And it looks like the strut itself is N/A. Although coils are still available oddly enough.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did GM even offer a complete strut? When I look in the parts lookup system I only see components. And it looks like the strut itself is N/A. Although coils are still available oddly enough.
That's what I was seeing too. Rock Auto and other other complete struts, except for police pkg.

Lee Phillips

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up guys.... I have a 2015 Tahoe LT 2WD w/ 152k on it. I recently put the rancho adjustable quick struts and after 2 weeks, the bounciness did not improve (with setting turned up to 9). I took them off and put the factory struts back on and it rides like new. With 152k on it, I know they need to be replaced and would like to go back with OEM but i have no way to compress the spring. Im searching for a good quality front set thats comparable to factory ride. I was eying the KYB set on rockauto.... any suggestions would be appreciated!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Whats up guys.... I have a 2015 Tahoe LT 2WD w/ 152k on it. I recently put the rancho adjustable quick struts and after 2 weeks, the bounciness did not improve (with setting turned up to 9). I took them off and put the factory struts back on and it rides like new. With 152k on it, I know they need to be replaced and would like to go back with OEM but i have no way to compress the spring. Im searching for a good quality front set thats comparable to factory ride. I was eying the KYB set on rockauto.... any suggestions would be appreciated!

Get factory parts if you want factory ride IMO. You can take your struts off and carry them to a shop with a strut compressor. It’s only going to take them a few minutes to press and swap the parts, so it shouldn’t cost much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr