Replaced blower motor, checked cabin air filter, NO AIR out any vents!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyman94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forumn so i hope im posting this correctly, i have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7L, I recrently replaced the blower motor once it had stopped working, i noticed a decrease in the air power before I had replaced it, being the reason i replaced it, now there is absolutely no air pressure out any vents or openings, but i can hear the blower motor operating at least at 50% or more of power, if anyone has any advice on what might be causing this issue would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
C

Chevyman94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you both for the advice! I will be swapping the resistor out this weekend and ill give an update, hopefully good :)

OP
OP
C

Chevyman94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello again everyone, I had replaced the resistor, (finally came in the mail) it fixed my issue of having all my fan speeds back, I still have no air coming out of any vents again, I did remove the blower motor and behind it to the left, I seen something that looked like a cabin air filter, it was clogged up with debris, I removed it and vaccumed it but still havent gained any air pressure, is that replaceable, or should i clean it a different method, I can provide pictures if needed

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a cabin filter they are replaceable to the left of the blower motor should be a door with one screw. Doorcwill flip down and off and you can take them out( some models have 2 filters side by side. Vacuum up in there also. Watch the heater core fins...

Take a pic of the under side of your passenger side dash and we’ll try to see if you do in fact have one.

Bliwer motor spinning right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy

Latest posts