Repair or Replace Center Console Lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THIS.
I just realized that my wife bought a (manual) staple gun for another project and I think I can get buy using that.

I've seen it done on other cars and it can look good. You may consider adding some extra padding in there too while you'd got it apart for a more plush feel. Not sure how that one feels from the factory but a lot of times the padding breaks down a bit or they have hardly any to begin with.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine. Took about an hour to get it lined up like I wanted and back in the truck. It was super easy and I used an electric staple gun. If you get the leather skin be sure and get a foam pad under it. The factory vinyl is foam backed and thicker. I didn't do it and you can see and feel the seams underneath. Not too big of a deal but that depends on how picky you are.

Link to where I got mine....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/190957426693

b9721e224ad06964e54c7bd42247f078.jpg
00f79e3f4ebd8d807c9ecbbf321a3549.jpg
ba04fff09265e28fb3d40e602c139406.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine. Took about an hour to get it lined up like I wanted and back in the truck. It was super easy and I used an electric staple gun. If you get the leather skin be sure and get a foam pad under it. The factory vinyl is foam backed and thicker. I didn't do it and you can see and feel the seams underneath. Not too big of a deal but that depends on how picky you are.

Link to where I got mine....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/190957426693

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great! Do you use armor all on your seats or something? They look greasy

That is a "real leather" one too as opposed to synthetic. That's definitely worth an extra ~~$20 in my book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a "real leather" one too as opposed to synthetic. That's definitely worth an extra ~~$20 in my book.

Interesting point.
I'm kinda wondering about the 'pleather' vs leather in terms of durability, since my elbow rests on that lid cover almost 100% of the time as I drive.
Hmmmmm.........

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting point.
I'm kinda wondering about the 'pleather' vs leather in terms of durability, since my elbow rests on that lid cover almost 100% of the time as I drive.
Hmmmmm.........

quality leather should last longer than a pleather. Probably feel nicer too. Since its something you'll obviously be resting your arm on all the time I'd say it would be worth it to me.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quality leather should last longer than a pleather. Probably feel nicer too. Since its something you'll obviously be resting your arm on all the time I'd say it would be worth it to me.

Maybe so. But now I gotta figure out how to add cushioning material underneath the leather...and I have no clue. o_O

Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unrolledtoiletpap