RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the said drastic change is happening. Not sure exactly when but it's started as these happened today. I'm pretty excited. Oem GMT900 Denali 20s gonna be going on soon. Got them used so not new but they are in pretty good shape. Found them on cragslist and just couldn't pass up the deal. Got them from a tire shop down at the base of the mountain. One has some minor curb rash that I wanna get fixed before mounting and I have to buy tire pressure sensors for all 4. And the good year eagle ls2 tires will need to be 86ed. So it'll be a little while before I put them on. But still really excited.

00z0z_iBa8Rxnw1MP_1200x900.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the Goodyears worn out or you just don't like them? Should look great!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Red Rocket , he said they had a fair amount of,tread left and it turns out they don't have much left. They're pretty worn. And I'm not sure that I like them either lol. I did some research last night and I can score a set of tires for pretty cheap through some local Craigslist adds. But I've gotta get rid of a set of steel slt wheels that a client dumped on me and I think if I can sell those off I can put that towards tires for my 20s. And then once the 20s are on I can sell my stock Denali 17s with my current tires and get a decent price as my current tires still have quite a bit of tread left.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Cant wait to see what it looks like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Red Rocket , he said they had a fair amount of,tread left and it turns out they don't have much left. They're pretty worn. And I'm not sure that I like them either lol. I did some research last night and I can score a set of tires for pretty cheap through some local Craigslist adds. But I've gotta get rid of a set of steel slt wheels that a client dumped on me and I think if I can sell those off I can put that towards tires for my 20s. And then once the 20s are on I can sell my stock Denali 17s with my current tires and get a decent price as my current tires still have quite a bit of tread left.
Awesome, the best kind of an upgrade is one where you sell the old stuff so the new stuff doesn't cost so much! I've done that so many times I can't count.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I scored 2 used Michelin ltx tires on ebay for pretty cheap with quite a bit of tread left on them for my 20s. Hopefully I can score 2 more in the next week or so and if I can than that means my 20s can go on! Getting there a lot sooner than I had thought which is really exciting!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no mods on this post. Haven't had time to mess with my dip kit yet which is frustrating. Works got me running around like crazy. House sitting for a long time client this week at night. Stoked that I get to park my car in a garage over night! Especially with the rain we got today. Pulled into the garage this evening when I get here, cleaned him and he's ready to go for work tomorrow. Just thought I'd share my excitement over getting to park in a garage lol.

1023161815.jpg

Last edited:

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the said drastic change is happening. Not sure exactly when but it's started as these happened today. I'm pretty excited. Oem GMT900 Denali 20s gonna be going on soon. Got them used so not new but they are in pretty good shape. Found them on cragslist and just couldn't pass up the deal. Got them from a tire shop down at the base of the mountain. One has some minor curb rash that I wanna get fixed before mounting and I have to buy tire pressure sensors for all 4. And the good year eagle ls2 tires will need to be 86ed. So it'll be a little while before I put them on. But still really excited.

View attachment 67981

Seal that shit with something like Klasse. That chrome will peel if you get salt on it. Hell, it will peel if you look at it sideways!!!

The 20s I just replaced on my 08 Yukon Denali:

77KTzUj.jpg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seal that shit with something like Klasse. That chrome will peel if you get salt on it. Hell, it will peel if you look at it sideways!!!

The 20s I just replaced on my 08 Yukon Denali:

77KTzUj.jpg
Fortunately I live in California and caltrans doesn't use salt on the roads because itll ruin our asphalt. So we don't get rust and wheel rot like that. Plus I'm a professional detailer so my rims are always sealed with good products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz