RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah here in big bear in socal where I live they put down a mixture of gravel and cinders to melt snow and then when the snow melts they sweep it all back up and re use it. No salt here because it's outlawed as well. Both my 1999 dodge Dakota I had and then the 2001 Durango I had before my Denali were ca cars and completely rust free despite being older vehicles. My Denali is as well. Occassionally I see an early 2000s model vehicle that looks like it came from the east coast and is rusty. But that's rare.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
In southern Ontario they use a shit load of salt and this new stuff called grime. It's a water base salt they put down before a storm. And that stuff is worse than salt. It creeps everywhere and rusts cars quicker. I avoid areas in my city where they use it. I try to power wash the cars once or twice a week to get the salt off and oil spray the shit out of them. Seems to have been working.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well no mods to share right now. Got a lot to do but not a lot of tike,for them unfortunately. Just general maintenance today. Had to replace to socket behind the drl on my drivers side today. Socket was trashed so it would ruin the bulb every couple months. Finally got time today to clip the two wires and splice in the new socket I picked up. All my lights work as they should so that's a plus given that I'm not really good at messing with wires :D

1116161333.jpg

1116161333a.jpg

1116161333b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny