RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz , I hadn't been since back when I was in high school. So it's a pretty fun trip now that I'm an adult haha. I'm at a big 3 day country music festival called route 91 harvest fest. All the big artists in country that I love are here.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So not quite a week being home from Vegas and work is already piling up. Ooi! Picked up my esky crossrails from the body shop from being painted yesterday afternoon. I was going to put them on yesterday evening but I ended up going down the mountain to celebrate my best friend's birthday. Which was awesome. So when both of my appointments for detailing jobs cancelled this morning, I decided hey I'm going to get those cross rails installed today! Well two and a half hours and three cups of coffee later I finally have everything finished up and what a pain in the butt that was! Next time any of you see me mention doing anything to change my roof racks please for the love of God stop me! Haha. Just to get the crossbars into the side rails required disassembling the entire roof rack from my car bring it inside and taking all the gaskets apart so I could slide the cross rails and their little mounting pieces into the side rails! And then putting,it all back,to,get required a ton of precise movement to get everything lined up just right so the screws all,went back where they should go, and the end caps fitted into each gasket just right. What a pain! :banghead: On the plus side now that everything's done it looks good and I'm really happy with the results. And the paint on the cross rails is a perfect match to my color. The body Shop I use does a fantastic job and he gives me good prices whenever I bring him stuff to paint. So all in all despite the hard work, I'm happy with the end results.

1007161522.jpg

1008161256.jpg

1008161256a.jpg

1008161257c.jpg

1008161257b.jpg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I could be making a drastic change to my rig soon. I will know if that's going to happen or not Friday. In the mean time I have a question for you experienced guys, my Denali had satellite radio up until I replaced my head unit with my clarion setup. Stopped using the satellite radio for a while and now I want it again. Is there a way to connect up the xm module to the clarion unit. it seems ridiculous that I would need to buy a whole new xm module for the clarion unit considering there's already one from the factory installed. Is there a way to link the factory xm unit to my clarion or do I have to buy the clarion designated satellite unit and have that wired in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia