RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those shocks from that seller are unbranded and made in China. The ad states "New Arnott Rear Air Ride Shocks" but in the description it clearly states the brand as "unbranded" and the country of manufacture as China. Did they come in a box with Arnott's logo on it, with their instructions? If you go to Arnott's website, their AS2700 shocks look different than those pictures on EBay (that also say their part # is AS2700). I hate to say it, but I'm afraid you might have been ripped off and got cheap Chinese knock-offs.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on what Red Rocket said those aren't Arnott, even if they were Arnott for whatever the reason if you don't buy directly from them the warranty doesn't exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well. Thats the least of my worries right now. I just needed to get them fixed fast and I was pissed that my other shock blew out so fast. I have 2 and that's all that matters right now. I have alot of work to hammer out over the next month and need my truck to be in order so I can handle my work load.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well. Thats the least of my worries right now. I just needed to get them fixed fast and I was pissed that my other shock blew out so fast. I have 2 and that's all that matters right now. I have alot of work to hammer out over the next month and need my truck to be in order so I can handle my work load.
If you had something similar on before, that's why one went out after only a year. Next time, my friend, buy only genuine Arnott and you get a lifetime warranty if you buy direct from them. They're the same price as what you paid for those.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had something similar on before, that's why one went out after only a year. Next time, my friend, buy only genuine Arnott and you get a lifetime warranty if you buy direct from them. They're the same price as what you paid for those.
Well than a year down the road I'll have to cross that bridge again. Oh well.. Arnott wanted what I paid for both these for just one shock. I didn't have that after the 1200 I spend last month on all the crap I had to replace. So for now these will have to do. Hopefully if these go again by then I'll be Rollin in the dough so I can afford to spring for actual Arnott shocks. Lol.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't the same price. I've checked

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren't the same price. I've checked
I was under the impression that price was per shock but I see it's for a pair so they're about half price. Probably might last a year though like that last one. I just can't believe that seller has the balls to say they're Arnott. What a crooked a**hole.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that price was per shock but I see it's for a pair so they're about half price. Probably might last a year though like that last one. I just can't believe that seller has the balls to say they're Arnott. What a crooked a**hole.

Buy it then tell eBay it didn't match the description and that your not paying for it lmao

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well rolled over 100k on Saturday on my way to chemical guys and the beach. Kinda sad. lol. But then again truck is running pretty damn good. And looks damn good for 100 thousand miles. Today changed my oil, pulled out the filter off my spectre intake and cleaned it up. Did everything myself today. Trying to make it a point to do more myself. Still gotta get spark plugs done this week though....

IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0054.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada