Reman 6l80e fingers crossed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

swat2380

Reaction score
L92 would be your engine code, you can look up the details on it I am personally not sure if it has vvt or not

*what problem are you experiencing?
Same probably as before it will surge, idle erratic and die. Unplug the battery, crank it with foot to floor and it will start again. I understand the L92 and am a fairly competent wrench turner just not sure about having vvt which is why I listed the rpo codes n vin, but I will try to track those down. The water pump and bracket's make it hard to see the vvt hardware on the timing cover I don't see anything down there besides what looks like a coolant sensor

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same probably as before it will surge, idle erratic and die. Unplug the battery, crank it with foot to floor and it will start again. I understand the L92 and am a fairly competent wrench turner just not sure about having vvt which is why I listed the rpo codes n vin, but I will try to track those down. The water pump and bracket's make it hard to see the vvt hardware on the timing cover I don't see anything down there besides what looks like a coolant sensor
have you tested the fuel pressure?

Swaggerwagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doube has the right idea, check the basics. If fuel pressure is good, and you have no trouble codes
(Don’t tell me you don’t have a code reader, they’re $15 on amazon)....and your down for some wild internet guesses (well, you’re here)
I would unplug the MAF sensor, drive it around for a couple days...yea the check engine light will be on, but if it doesn’t surge/stall, you’re heading in the right direction.
My two cents on MAF sensors:
Sometimes they outright fail. The ECU can tell, disregards clearly false data the MAF is sending, and triggers the check engine light on.
SOMETIMES a MAF sensor will ‘fail-in-range’
The MAF sensor isn’t sending accurate data to the ECU, but the data isnt off enough to trigger a trouble code. But you’re left with intermittent, tough to diagnose drivability symptoms.

People crap on VVT, it doesn’t cause ALL the problems it gets blamed for.

Just my opinion. A total stranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse