Reman 6l80e fingers crossed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swat2380

Reaction score
Ordered a trans from a company called Street Smart transmission online. They seemed very legit, price was hard to beat, trans is beefed up some, no upfront core charge, shipping fee and even comes with Dex VI $2190 with 3 year warranty. I haven't used them before but they were very transparent, feed back is honest, issues are not hidden, A+ with the BBB and they address issues ASAP. Fingers crossed I didn't screw myself gonna go pick her up in a couple hours and will keep you guys posted.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good mechanics commented they were impressed and it shifts great. I will try to check in a few months from now with an update but so far I am more than impressed for $2200

Give us YOUR impressions when you get her back home and then again down the road. Is your truck tuned? What are you driving anyway?

OP
OP
S

swat2380

Reaction score
Driving an 07 Denali with 105k, no tune or anything special yet it's the wife's grocery getter. I have put about 40 miles so far and it's a definite improvement over stock. Feels much more "efficient" for lack of a better term. Shop I had do the R&R gouged me on a couple items but what can you do.

OP
OP
S

swat2380

Reaction score
So far we have put about 300 miles on the new trans and this truck has never driven smoother or shifted better even with a bad motor mount. I did get a CEL yesterday and the service stabilitrack flashed on and off a couple times. I'm not sure if they didn't plug something in all the way or what the issue is yet but I will keep you guys posted. Everything seems fine and it's still driving good so not to concerned.

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a cost estimate for one. They also provide labor hours to replace. They suggest 2.7 more hours for 4WD? What? You literally have 30-min more worth of work. Call it an hour because it's more heavy stuff to deal with... but 2.7 hours? Hahaha... lord. Glad the transmission worked out, though. Now I know where to go when the inevitable happens to mine since I have 200K.

Swaggerwagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Swat: thank you for posting up your experience / recommendation for a trans rebuilder. It helps out the community, best part of a forum.

Wildcat: it comes off as obnoxious to guess how difficult a job is, when you yourself can’t do it.
(2.7 hours? Should take an hour or less)

I would advise everybody to get multiple quotes, and if you aren’t happy with your current mechanic, then by all means, find a new one.

But if you think wrenching is all sunshine and rainbows....feel free to spend $20k+ on tools, and you’ll need to attend regular chiropractic appointments. Maybe I can deal with with additional 4WD components in under 2.7 hours.
Maybe I can’t. Maybe I’m fighting rust, damaged threads, properly fixing previous work done by some hack mechanic. What if it takes me 4.0 hours instead of 2.7? You gonna pay me for my actual time spent?
Everyone’s job is easy, till you have to do it.
Sorry, rant over. Maybe I’ll switch to decaf

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it probably could be 30 min, but most shops generally charge book rate.

so what does the book show for that job?

i.e.: book shows job X listed as 6.5 hours. if mechanic can get it done in 2 hours or less... shop still charge 6.5
unless its a side gig

& agree w/ Swagger, always get multiple quotes

OP
OP
S

swat2380

Reaction score
Well problem came back today after our trip but funny enough today was the smoothest this truck has ever ran before it died again. Do the rpo codes or Vin list vvt? IMG_20200429_091743731.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well problem came back today after our trip but funny enough today was the smoothest this truck has ever ran before it died again. Do the rpo codes or Vin list vvt? View attachment 245949
L92 would be your engine code, you can look up the details on it I am personally not sure if it has vvt or not

*what problem are you experiencing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16