Rear Shock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocketman23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a completely stock 2004 Yukon SLT. When I got it, I replaced all the shocks (204,000 miles). In hindsight, I should have kept the factory original “SACHS” brand rear shocks because now it rides like a trampoline in the rear with the much smaller Monroe rear shocks I installed. Since I am not going to pay $275 each for the replacement SACHS shocks, what options do I have to stiffen up the rear of this thing in the shock dept.?

Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a completely stock 2004 Yukon SLT. When I got it, I replaced all the shocks (204,000 miles). In hindsight, I should have kept the factory original “SACHS” brand rear shocks because now it rides like a trampoline in the rear with the much smaller Monroe rear shocks I installed. Since I am not going to pay $275 each for the replacement SACHS shocks, what options do I have to stiffen up the rear of this thing in the shock dept.?

Thanks
Never heard of them before. Are they self leveling like the Nivomats?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gonna need to change the rear springs for some Z71 springs. The factory springs that came with the Nivomat shocks(Sachs)are too soft to use with regular shocks.

^^^ This. Sachs pioneered the Nivomat technology. Look on Rock Auto for standard Bilstein replacement shocks for your truck and read the note about changing the springs, too. Z71 springs would fit the bill.

1687461462768.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck