Really pissed off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Ok. Fuel pump is working. Holy crap. Ok, so pull a spark plug wire off, hold it close to the plug/block, and have a friend turn it over. If you shock the poop out of your hand and/or see spark jumping from the wire to the plug, your coil or HEI is fine. If not, take it from there (check oil pressure, timing, anti-theft, ignition wiring/switch, etc.).

Have you checked for any codes? I bought the $60 code scanner from schuck's, and it's been the best $60 I've spent on my rig.

Last edited:

Whippled2dr

Stock
Reaction score
Just because you can hear the pump doesn't mean the pump is fine. Check the pressure at the test port, should be around 50-60 psi I think. Also how is your battery? Check your plug wires and the coil to
dist cap wire. Check all of the fuses too.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Hey Robert, make sure you are getting power to the ignition coil and ignition control module. Sounds like it might be the ignition control module that is going bad or that is bad. Part number on that is CBE122 from Borg warner. Mine went out and gave me a No spark condition.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we fixed the truck thanks guys
it was the cap and rotor the threads for the bold that holds the cap down is stripped to it was loose so we got a new one and now its good.
thanks guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo