Customer Service Really is Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that was completely uncalled for and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had simply asked you to leave.
Yeah, they know what's going on. Les Schwab is practically next door. I seriously doubt with the turn over they have anyone would have told me to leave. I would have have gone directly to management if that happened.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm reading your post right, you pulled up America's Tires into a random bay and waited for someone to unload your tire. When the Techs didn't acknowledge you, you took it down and went inside. Inside the 3 guys working the counter were also slow to respond?.

I can't say I fault the Techs for not jumping at you to unload your tire and start any repairs as it doesn't work like that. They aren't there to write UP the ROs or do the customer intake process as they fix what they are told to fix and get paid for it. Hopefully the guy inside that helped you was able to get you squared away and your tire issue resolved.

I'm guilty of having high expectations for customer service as I am in the industry. I have been guilty of unrealistic expectations as well that were not within the scope of the services available.
there is a shop just a little over a mile from me where if you even pull up and park at the farthest area you can get, someone "whoever" happens to get a moment or is the closest will walk over to you to see what you need, even if it is the low end of the totem pole flunky and they will usually assess what you stated and either say ok there is a couple people ahead of you or please go see the person in the office or they will flag the person that can help you. This is not the best shop in town with all new technology and employees all decked out in matching uniforms yada yada but they are very good at making money and keeping the customer happy. The will match or beat anyone else in price anywhere in the local area and verified online prices. they are not a chain or conglomerate, just a good shop. And that is all it takes.
they do not advertise anywhere, no tv spots, no radio spots, no coupons. they do not need to. word of mouth and action works great.
not one of them sits there like a deer in the headlights looking at you.
boss must treat the employee's well also because the turnover rate is pretty much nill.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
It really is

Had a chat with outsourced customer service yesterday. Like.... No, sorry, I'm not giving out PII to some unknown entity.

Ain't that step 1 on what literally everyone says to avoid scams or info leaks or anything else?

(This was something super minor but now my need to be petty has been unlocked)

1686930582899.png

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is

Had a chat with outsourced customer service yesterday. Like.... No, sorry, I'm not giving out PII to some unknown entity.

Ain't that step 1 on what literally everyone says to avoid scams or info leaks or anything else?

(This was something super minor but now my need to be petty has been unlocked)

View attachment 401966
Holy cow, they hung up on you!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Les Schwab type service is rare. Most shops you need to walk inside, where they purposely want you to wait a few minutes while you look at their displays of useless crap you’ll never buy, so they pretend like they’re busy. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo