Random Stabilitrak/Traction Control lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SGinn722

Reaction score
Mine came on and off once in a while... so i ran my codes...could be a bad brake light switch sensor ...$18 part...

next time you drive it...see if your cruise works...if it doesnt...its most likely that brake light switch thats right behind the brake pedal....

Do you have a part number for that sensor? I'm having the same issues. I may trying wasting $18 before I commit to spending hundreds with my mechanic.

SGinn722

Reaction score
As it turns out my brake reservoir was low on fluid (barely) and causing all that noise on the dash. Didn't realize that sensor was quite so sensitive. Added fluid and no more issues with traction control/stabilitrack lights.

darrell collie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Yukon has traction control lights coming on. At same time its hard to get gear out of park. Had the brake switch replaced for $88.00 which allows you to take car out of park. Once that was replaced the traction and abs lights have not come back on.

rook

Reaction score
I know it makes no sense whatsoever, but my stabilitrack and CEL lit up like a Christmas tree when my oil pickup grommet went out and started dropping my oil pressure down at idle. I've got a post on here somewhere of the 8 plastisized pieces that my rubber grommet had turned into, as well as a video of my dash indicators lighting up when I came to a stop light including stabilitrack. After I fixed that and got full oil pressure, no CEL, no stabilitrack issues, it was all good. The only other work worth mentioning was that the guy I bought the rig from had about $1,500k of paperwork doing all kinds of little things like cam sensor, other minor sensors, etc. trying to fix various problems.

How did it relate? I have no idea - but it has been over a year now and zero problems with oil pressure or stabilitrack since through snow, summer, back to winter cold again. So, I'd consider checking into all systems.

Now the transmission problems I'm having, that's another story. Thought I'd mention this though-

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran across this thread because my 10 yukon is doing this. it just started when I got home after sorting out a different problem. according to my obd2 scanner I'm getting a p0202 with stabilitrak and service plus engine light and engine feels rough. going to the dealership tmrw as the truck is under warranty.

rustycrocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have all of these issues. CEL is on, Brake System and Stabiltrak are on, no cruise control. I don't even know where to look, and the chime is driving my wife crazy.

tboyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran across this thread because my 10 yukon is doing this. it just started when I got home after sorting out a different problem. according to my obd2 scanner I'm getting a p0202 with stabilitrak and service plus engine light and engine feels rough. going to the dealership tmrw as the truck is under warranty.

My 10 Yukon started doing The same thing just tonight. Have you figured out the issue, or the solution yet.

Thanks

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 10 Yukon started doing The same thing just tonight. Have you figured out the issue, or the solution yet.

Thanks
yeah some how one of the sensors on the spark plug or something was unplugged. the dealership fixed it for me right away. I guess I never replied here that it got fixed. they also replaced both front tire sensors.
I had to get a free loaner from them for 4 days. but all is well now. trucks runs fine. I'm starting to love hate the flexfuel system. May end up getting that obd2 module so the truck stays in v8 mode.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645