Random Stabilitrak/Traction Control lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEJASPER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi - have a 2007 Yukon Denali with the Stabilitrak/Traction Control/Check Engine lights coming on randomly. Been going on for couple months, but no performance or driving problems with the vehicle so far.

Finally got around to taking it to the dealership, and they say the codes indicate a fuel module issue and want to replace it. When asked how a fuel module could trigger problems with Stabilitrak/Traction Control, they said it happens sometimes. My question is whether I should trust this answer or look elsewhere?

OP
OP
L

LEJASPER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I reviewed that post before starting this new thread. The difference in this case, is that there has been no engine problems and no loss of performance...just the random lights and a "diagnosis" that its a fuel module.

Just trying to make sense of how a fuel module would cause this type of error code warnings before putting out $700 to replace it...

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LEJASPER,
The dealership would the best source to check for this issue. If you would like a second opinion I would recommend going to a second dealership to see if their diagnosis’ are the same. Let me know how this goes.

Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

SBCT

Reaction score
I have the same problem where the stabilitrak light will randomly come on every once in a while. When I turn the car off and back on its gone and I haven't noticed any problems with anything either. It amazes me though that this seems like such a common problem that a fix hasn't been discovered yet....

amywingate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any answers yet??

I too have an '07 Yukon. Randomly my truck will chime, then Traction Control Off, Stabilitrak Off, Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrak will display. Then just as quickly as they came, they are gone. Sometimes the engine light will also come on and upon an Onstar Diagnostic test, it always comes back the same codes--that the fuel management system is not operating as expected and I may experience delay when accelerating.

This is frustrating because it is ALWAYS the same "symptoms" yet when I take the truck to the dealer (which I have done several times), I am always given a different reason for this happening, I pay A LOT to have that fixed, and within time the same thing happens again.

So far, I have been told that it was the O2 sensor (which was replaced), that the gas in my truck contained over 40% ethanol, and that a wire was loose and rubbing when I stopped (which was fixed).

This is so very frustrating! Has anyone found a good explanation of what is going on? At this point, I am simply ignoring it all.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I had my fuse box tightened up and I had new battery cables put on
($600 total) and while I don't have the Traction control/Stabilitrack light issue, I have other problems now. I ignored my light flashing issue until I stalled out on the highway and sent the door locks into cycles and I couldn't drive it faster than 35. Good times. It never threw any codes that made sense to the dealership, in fact, it barely threw codes at all.

Because the bulk of my problems happen in hot weather, which makes electrical issues more apparent, I just don't think it's acting up because it's winter- not because it's fixed.

I doubt it's fuel relay issues, or battery cable issues, I'm pretty positive it's computer related. If you take it to the dealership, all they'll do is troubleshoot from TSBs and it might or might not fix your problem.

There is a very large number of NNBS that have pretty persistent electrical issues.

Do you have a new battery or is it factory? I'd start there, with an 07 you probably need a new one anyway.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have an '07 Yukon. Randomly my truck will chime, then Traction Control Off, Stabilitrak Off, Service Traction Control, Service Stabilitrak will display. Then just as quickly as they came, they are gone. Sometimes the engine light will also come on and upon an Onstar Diagnostic test, it always comes back the same codes--that the fuel management system is not operating as expected and I may experience delay when accelerating.

This is frustrating because it is ALWAYS the same "symptoms" yet when I take the truck to the dealer (which I have done several times), I am always given a different reason for this happening, I pay A LOT to have that fixed, and within time the same thing happens again.

So far, I have been told that it was the O2 sensor (which was replaced), that the gas in my truck contained over 40% ethanol, and that a wire was loose and rubbing when I stopped (which was fixed).

This is so very frustrating! Has anyone found a good explanation of what is going on? At this point, I am simply ignoring it all.

amywingate,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Have you contacted GMC Customer Service regarding this issue? If so, would you please PM me your case number, so I can look into this further for you?

If not, please PM me your information so I can look into this further for you.

Louis
GM Customer Service

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this exact issue but turns it out was my front passenger side ABS sensor cable was not unplugged but literally hanging by a thread of the plastic casing. So check all four of your abs sensors... Hopefully one is just unplugged.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Mine came on and off once in a while... so i ran my codes...could be a bad brake light switch sensor ...$18 part...

next time you drive it...see if your cruise works...if it doesnt...its most likely that brake light switch thats right behind the brake pedal....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel