Radio drains battery.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LTZ

I just read this thread https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/factory-radio-wont-shut-off-rap-issue.141648/

The thread above seems to point to the primary switch on the drivers door, either the door actuator, or the main switch (with the window switches, door locks etc)

And it is not exactly my issue. Here is what is happening with mine.
I have a dynavin radio, my OE BOSE NAV radio did the same thing, so I am pretty confident it is not the radio.
Long story short, my radio turns on and off multiple times when it is parked. I thought it might be the original radio, but if I turned off my car, and just sat there, without pushing any buttons I can hear it boot up, then turn off again.
Here is another goofy thing...
Sometimes when locking the door I get the 3 ding chime, sometimes I don't. But the doors always lock after 10 seconds or whatever. Other chimes seem to work when I notice them, rear hatch, key in ignition, lights on for example.

What things actuate the radio to boot up? Obviously when I unlock the doors with the FOB, or open the doors, open the rear hatch (basically any time the lights turn on) the radio is supposed to boot. What other things cause it to boot up? Is there a list?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES it does for everyone...

what ever can wake up the BCM it also turns the radio on this is perfectly normal on your 2007-2014 tahoe

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz