Radiator leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jenielsen

Reaction score
So, a few weeks back I was at the dealer for an oil change and they noted that my 2015.5 Denali had a leak in the radiator. I'm at ~50K miles so I'm out of standard warranty. I ask him how much and he hits me with the price of $1,400. Notes that they have to take off the front end to get the radiator out... WHAAAT???? He tells me I'm a good customer and that he will take it up with GM to see if they can help out with this.

I had noticed the smell of radiator antifreeze every so often, but never saw any leakage on the garage floor, or work parking lot.

Anyone else with a similar issue?

TimeSeeker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue at 40k miles. Diagnosed at the dealer yesterday, going back in on Friday once the parts come in. Lucky for me, I'm still under warranty. My service manager said it is a known service bulletin caused by a stuck thermostat. Requires thermostat and radiator replacement.

Tregs

Reaction score
Hmmm. Interesting. I'm just out of warranty at 40k. I don't have any leaks, but I'm now thinking about replacing the thermostat with the new one mentioned in the bulletin above in hopes of avoiding a bigger problem later. It looks easy to get to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts