Proposed Build Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frathoe TFM

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm taking the first steps towards an audio "reboot" if you will. I'm selling my old 12''s and 10''s and my alpine coaxials.

A local shop here in the Biloxi area that has a good reputation has (4) JL Audio ‎13W1V2-8 subs for sale.
They're running at $100 a pop.
If I buy multiple the price drops.

Also, they have a Pioneer Avh-2300DVD for sale for only $290. Crutchfield has them listed at roughly 350.

Now, this is a thread for the opinions of the audio gurus so please give me any input. Also, if you have any amp suggestions feel free to let me know. Thanks guys.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
woofers, good deal...Whats budget on the amp, and what impedances do those woofers come in from that dealer?

Last edited:

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would look in to the avh 4300 dvd a few bucks more but packed with features

OP
OP
Frathoe TFM

Frathoe TFM

Reaction score
I looked at the avh-4300dvd, but the cheapest I could find it for was over $500.

Excuse my ignorance, but impedances? Explain please :D
And amp wise, I'm not looking to blow a ton on it. I want to stick with something by JL. The shop I'm going to be working with is an authorized dealer and they're usually good about markdowns or deals for return customers. How many watts should I be looking at for say 1 of the 13.5''s? I will more than likely get one 13.5'' and 2 12''s. Either that or 2 to 3 of the 13''s. Also, I will be buying a set of JL components down the road and was wondering how many amps I should be looking for to push them.

Thanks again guys!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the woofers will come in different impedances. You'll need an amp, for whichever subs you get.

oh, and keep same woofer diameters, do two 13.5 or two 12's, not two of one size and one 13.5, etc

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but impedances? Explain pleas
As in OHM's. 2, 4, and 8 ohm are pretty popular.

A subwoofer rated at 2-ohm impedance will produce more output than a 4-ohm subwoofer, given similar input wattage, because the resistance is lower.

OP
OP
Frathoe TFM

Frathoe TFM

Reaction score
Well, if the shop will knock down the price, I might buy 3 of the 13.5'' subs as soon as Saturday. Depends if I can unload my old stuff. I'll have to go without sound for a little while, but I can deal with that. I'm more than likely going to buy the subs soon. The components around september. Then the amps in December. I know it's spread out, but I'm a full-time college student coming from a single parent income.

Also, thanks for the lesson :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Headunit Choices at the moment:
$250 used - http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8Vt9LGTCZVk/p_130AVHP310/Pioneer-AVH-P3100DVD.html

$300 new - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP23/Pioneer-AVH-P2300DVD.html?tp=20217

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709