Problems..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTman777

MTman777

Reaction score
Fyremanpat- I checkd my harness and connections on my hvac and they look damn near brand new... The blower motor works at all speeds... I did a t-stat/ radiator flush back in october... The heater core is hot as hell I can hear my blend doors opening and still no heat... If u or n e 1 have n e more suggestions please help me out...

huh.. thats very strange if your blend door is opening..

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it wasnt clogged bcuz I burned my arm on that core... I guess it wouldnt hurt to check it the right way... Any suggestions on the best way to 2 flush just the core..? Since I already did a radiator flush...

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTman777

MTman777

Reaction score
i got nothing on how to flush the core.... something id like to learn though.. so someone should help us out here

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Could disconnect the hoses to the core. Plug or connect to each other temporarily and attach some extra hose to the core connections. Take one gallon of water and mix with bottle of Preston flush. It should come out really concentrated that way. Pour the mixture down one hose until it comes out the other. May be let it sit for 1/2 hour since it is not circulating and afterwards use a hoe or something with low pressure, flush it out in the opposite direction. Which I believe you would want the water pressure on the connection that did not have the water valve on it. If correct that would back flush it. Run it clear and if possible use some low pressure air to push the remaining liquid out. Then reconnect, bleed out any air by one or two cycles of engine hot/cold and watch the reservoir to ensure it does not go down to much when cold as to suck in air again. The only reason I mentioned the air blowing is so you don't dilute your coolant mixture down any more when hooked up with water but you can always add more coolant concentrate like when topping of during the bleeding process process perhaps. I don't think the concentrated cleaner will do any harm by sitting in your core for a little while. If it leaks later corrosion is probably what was holding it together. Till it was flushed out.

Last edited:

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tome it sounds like the blend doors for the high mix and feet area are operating but when he turns the thermostat to the heat position it is not opening the door to the heater core. if he burned his arm on it then fluid is going through it.. its a problem with air not getting through it and into the cabin.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tome it sounds like the blend doors for the high mix and feet area are operating but when he turns the thermostat to the heat position it is not opening the door to the heater core. if he burned his arm on it then fluid is going through it.. its a problem with air not getting through it and into the cabin.

Its funny because I checked and accuator just above the gas pedal and near the blower motor... Im not 100% but I think there is 3 accuators, and im not sure where any others are located..?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
There is one on the box facing the rear blocked by dash support bar. That should be the temperature motor. Unfortunately getting out may not be very easy.

Remove or Disconnect

1. Negative battery cable.
  2. Roll instrument panel forward.
  3. Electrical connector.
  4. Screws.
  5. Actuator.
Adjust

1. Electrical connector to the actuator.
  2. Turn the ignition key to the run position and let the actuator position itself.
  3. Turn off the ignition key.
  4. Remove the actuator from the electrical connector.
Install or Connect

1. Actuator.
  2. Screws.
  3. Electrical connectors.
  4. Instrument panel compartment.
  5. Negative battery cable. ^Check circuit operation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019