Problems..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTman777

Reaction score
Ok guys.. i just bought this tahoe 2 weeks ago and i have an issue id like to address... it doesnt blow any air up front at all. A small amount comes out when the controls are in the off position but its not much and i can still control the temperature. Its not just the dash vents its everything. Nothing blows up front. However.. the back blows just fine but i cant control the temp. Its just cold in the back. Any ideas what could be causing all this? I just replaced all the hoses under the hood and the thermostat. Im thinking it might be the front blower motor but im not sure. Any clue as to where i should start????

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

SORRY GUYS... posted this in the wrong year.. trying to get used to this forum. My tahoe is a 99 5.7L

OP
OP
MTman777

MTman777

Reaction score
hmmm.. ill have to try that too... but the problem isnt with how cold or even how little air is blowing. Its that it doesnt blow at all.. the air just kinda seeps into the cab.

OP
OP
MTman777

MTman777

Reaction score
sooo.. checked the fuses today... all good.. so that only leaves faulty wiring or a faulty unit...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Disconnect the front blower connector and test for voltage on the control side of connector for voltage on the purple wire while going thru different speeds. I am assuming all speeds do not function. Correct?

I take it the front or rear controls for temp do not work correct? If so then go after the temp control motor in back.

OP
OP
MTman777

MTman777

Reaction score
the temp control motor? I have not a clue.. lol ... and yeah.. no speeds at all. But heres the weird thing. If i turn the hvac controls on then i loose all air. It doesnt seep into the interior anymore. And the air that does seep into the interior.. i still have control over the temp.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Let me rephrase that. do both front and rear controls not control rear temp door motor or is it just one off them?

Second can you double check Fuse 12 from the instrument panel and verify one of the fuse terminals has power and at what voltage using a good ground for the negative test lead on a multimeter.

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me rephrase that. do both front and rear controls not control rear temp door motor or is it just one off them?

Second can you double check Fuse 12 from the instrument panel and verify one of the fuse terminals has power and at what voltage using a good ground for the negative test lead on a multimeter.

If I read this correctly (and yes, I may be retarded), he only has rear a/c. My '99 is the same way.......cold air in back or no air at all. No heating option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia