PPV Winter Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XEALOT

Reaction score
I need input on dedicated winter tires for my 2013 PPV.

I currently run 265/60 R17 Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit, on stock steelies, which have been on since I bought the hoe in June. I’ve been scoring through TireRack.com, but I want PPV specific advice, being a RWD rig... and whether I should go 275 for a little more width.

I’m hoping for a $140ish per tire range in price. And I’ll be using the same stock steel wheels.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same spot, and just ordered new Michelin's x-ice 2 days ago. I've always ran Bridgestone Blizzaks on all of my vehicles since 1996. With the Blizzak the closest size to stock available is a 245/70-17, but an inch taller, so I decided to finally try the Michelin in a 255/65-17 which is only a 1/2 inch taller with the correct load range. Narrower is usually better for snow.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that NYSP utilizes Goodyear Ultragrips for their vehicles and they seem to have a good amount of success with those.

OP
OP
XEALOT

XEALOT

Reaction score
I live in northern Michigan, and my last rig was a 2006 PPV from the state police with Nokian All season tires, which turned out to be shit in the snow, so I put 4 new Cooper Doscoverer A/ TW on, based on my mechanic’s recommendation. They were a great improvement over the Nokian’s for winter, but now that I have a 2013 PPV and 17 inch wheels, I have to start my search for winter tires all over again.

Based on my budget and some research, I think I may end up going with 265/70 R17 Firestone Winterforce 2 UV tires.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
you want a narrow tire for the snow, so go with a 245/255 series.....Nokian are some of the best snow tires in the world, so I'm surprised their all seasons didnt at least seem decent in the snow, I also am looking for a set of PPV rims and snow tires here in the Detroit or Mid Michigan Area.